• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
telemarker

Leavenworth ice update

:( I figured with all the high temperatures. How am I supposed to get my alpine on when the ice is out and avalanche danger is present, at least it seems to be going down a little.

I drove up the canyon yesterday to walk the dogs.

Most everything in the canyon fell down.

Hubba hubba is a big brown streak running down the hill.

yeah it all came back in phat! seeing some of the shit you westies climb..i would say it is in..just make sure to kick it down on top tope!!! and post a tr of your f.a. of some low angle hiway gully!!! classic.

the update for you josh--even less than the last time it was asked. Looks more like spring than winter around the valley these days.

oh and whatever that flow is right up above colchuck lake is FUCKIN FAT right now. there's two up ther actually that were in super thick awesome boner inspiring condition180368_715146503770_25909269_39931209_7501951_n.jpg

Edited by Captain panther

does anyone know what this flow is called by the way?

Too bad it's such a slog to get to it. Maybe no one's bothered to even name it.

it's been climbed, doubt it's ever really been named or requires one. conventional wisdom says that an 8+ mile approach for a pitch of WI3 isnt worth bragging about.

why name any of these ice climbs?? oh wait that way you can self promote!!! ones doings....yeah!!! im gonna call it a "self stroking douche fest!" V wi8 m6 a4 5.11....

yeah i don't climb...shit is scary and hard....i prefer html coding and armchair politics!!!