listen up

erik

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for most people spelling errors are not that important. What I think most people find annoying is what I refer to as "drivel": poorly formed thoughts, incoherent logic, jargon to the point of incomprehension, and yes, intentional and frequent spelling errors. These examples of poor communication simply make it hard and time consuming to read and understand posts. Also, the drivel is much more annoying when coming from repeat offenders. If these garbage-like comments are found in spray, I couldn't care less. Spray is the "no rules" place where you get to disregard any level of respect for other people. rolleyes.gif" border="0 But when the disrespect and drivel slops over into the general posts, it's not only annoying, but also makes the author look like a ignorant chump.

[ 03-08-2002: Message edited by: max ]

quote:

Originally posted by erik:
so as of late there has been quite a bit of people thinking they are getting one up on one another by making fun of thier spelling or grammer and especially in spray.....

if you want people to ignore poor spelling, then you should not get so upset over people who misspell your name, it's just a bit hypocritical, don't you think?

quote:

Originally posted by rat:

if you want people to ignore poor spelling, then you should not get so upset over people who misspell your name, it's just a bit hypocritical, don't you think?

not really

you see ratm there is direct relationship between myself and the correct spelling of my name.....where as so many other words in the world are needed to be put together to form a thought......wheras erik is erik......but eric is not erik.....and erik is not eric....

and for the shear fact that i carry namesake along from past generations and plan on doing the same when i am graced with children......so if you do not resepct me then respect my northern european heritage.......and my ancestors...

[ 03-08-2002: Message edited by: erik ]

max

well we could get into the whole learning disability thing and what not, then maybe take a walk down reefer lane and maybe even check out head injury alley to see why maybe some people operate the way they do....but that would be pointless...........

if you would like to audit my bidness work where i do put my effort, feel free too.....and by the way we ae being audited by our largest client this week.....and guess who is perfect!!!!!!!!!

Point well taken. However, if one consistently spells so poorly that it's evident that they may, in fact, be idiots, and not just sub-par typists; they deserve the attention. I could mash my hand against the keyboard and come up with pithier contributions than that vacuous dipshit AlpineK. No, you don't have to be a complete moron to type poorly. But how much drivel can a man take?

Ok lets all jump on the wagon; Dan Larson sucks, AlpineK is a P-U-S-S-Y. Tread creep and bad speeling are inevitable(obviously). Some of us are not cubicle people and actually get dirt under our finger nails for a living. Hey just live with the bad spelling and grammer. Caught you all sleeping didn't I