listen up

erik

so as of late there has been quite a bit of people thinking they are getting one up on one another by making fun of thier spelling or grammer and especially in spray.....

come on people spray has no grammatical or spelling rules....it is a free flowing bit of drivel......

i cant remember what else i was going to type though hopefully it will come back to me later....

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From my experience on rec.climbing and other newsgroups/bbs's, I have learned that it is considered bad form to belittle someones spelling over rational rebuttal of an arguement or opinion.

That said, in my opinion, spelling and grammar are still important aspects of written communication in our society--just try getting a job using a resume that doesn't have either done well. It really doesn't take long to double check a post for typos, which seems to be a good part of the problem.

quote:

Originally posted by ScottP:
There is a correlation between proper spelling/grammar and credibility in written communication. If credibility is a concern (as I am sure it is for some), such things should be considered.

Yes and no. When I went to college, I had no computer. Always the difference between A's and B's were the spelling mistakes in my papers. The profs liked my content, but discounted for mis-spelling. I always thought that was bullshit. I liked my physics teacher because he didn't care if we didn't get all the math right as long as we showed we understood the concept by coming up with the right formula or equation. It wasn't a fucking math class. Thank god for spell check. If they add that button here, then there will be no excuses....but until then, I'm with erik!

Oh, and don't spell erik "eric"! He doesn't like it!

If my only contributions to this post are limited to making your neandrethal-like brow furrow in confusion while you attempt to spell words longer than "suck", then my work is rewarding. Of course, I could defecate, rub the product on a computer screen and see something more enlightening than your Down's Syndrome afflicted declarations of manliness that honestly only make you seem only more pathetic than you probably are. I said probably.

quote:

If my only contributions to this post are limited to making your neandrethal-like brow furrow in confusion while you attempt to spell words longer than "suck", then my work is rewarding. Of course, I could defecate, rub the product on a computer screen and see something more enlightening than your Down's Syndrome afflicted declarations of manliness that honestly only make you seem only more pathetic than you probably are. I said probably.

sparky you crack me up. where the hell do you come up with that stuff? articulate writers should have a few beers before posting on here to level the field. [laf][big Drink][big Drink]

quote:

Originally posted by Sparky:

If your only looking for good writing, I'm not sure why your looking here.

I think shit on a computer screne is about what I'm looking at when I read your posts.

I'm not sure what your real issue is, but I think a trip to the psychiatrist might help.

A trip to the psychiatrist indeed. As opposed to the endocrinologist that's failing to successfully treat your hypogonadism. Counseling might allow me to accept your overt failings, but no amount of injectable testosterone will make you a real man. Although, I have to admit, your breasts HAVE gotten smaller.

So now AlpineK is threatening to have me booted off of CC.Com. I personally feel that he started the shit between us, and having discovered that although he may climb better than I, he can't spray with the same alacrity; he now wants me to disappear. I thought that this area was all about talking shit, hence the title "spray". So know I guess I'll ease up. No more tears.