[TR] Lake Wenatchee - AK47 12/12/2010

I don't know about that kayfire- because that leaves no distinction between pre-placed and not pre-placed draws. I understand there are situations where it doesn't matter but sometimes that makes a big difference.

I've always understood a pink point to indicate pre-placed gear including draws on bolts. Recently, however, I've seen a distinction being made. To my original way of thinking, pink point fairly describes your ascent; however, given the possibly evolved definition of pink point, I'm not sure if pink point is an accurate description of your ascent or not.

Huh Alex, I think you may have mistyped this. Sport wankers the world over will call any rout they lead without falling a red point, usually this is done with draws hanging in place. Pink pointing usually refers to a trad climb with the natural gear pre-placed, no bolts!

To add a further layer of confusion, people will sometimes say "trad red point" which usually means placing natural gear on lead with no falls.

Edited by eldiente

Keep going, your on your way to Pooh Bah status again and making just as many friends as last time.

Your psych for climbing is great! It makes me want to like you and the stuff you are doing but the attitude and your continous stream of self aggrandizing BS is about to make me freaking puke.

Fer Christ Sake - figure it out :rolleyes:

I have no "problem" with videos of FA's.

I never said I did.

I do not even have a problem with you personally or in particular.

What I do have an issue with is unedited videos that are basically 9 minutes of "paint drying". Then again I do not have to watch them. I made the choice to watch part of this one. I regret that.

I should just not respond to this BS because all I am doing is wasting my energy on ignorance, but what the hell I am bored.

It is not so much the climbs you are posting about. It is everything after. You are putting these things out there in a manner that makes it look like you think you are doing some hardcore shit. You are not. You get defensive about any questions people ask you. You act as though you are some kind of authority on the subject of climbing. You are not.

You talk down to people in a condescending manner that is sure to only get you more shit flipped your way and then you whine about people being unkind or not cool enough to understand or rad enough to repeat your climbs. :rolleyes:

You are probably somewhat of a cool guy but man it is not coming across that way.

Okay teach us a lesson and keep all your new sweet spots to yourself and when they show up in the mags and everyone is raving about them and projecting them like crazy we can all kick ourselves and say "we should have cut that guy some slack." :cry:

I have never claimed to be an awesome climber or even a very innovative one and I am sure that your climbing career will be much more heralded than that of this old man but I have built some quality friendships over the last 20 years and even managed to keep them. I would be interested to see if the same holds true for yourself.

If I remember correctly someone in a previous thread under your former avatar gave you some good advice and that was that no one in this game really makes it on their own. Give it some thought.

Now you can start hating on me and throwing out the negative slurs and perhaps this board may be blessed with a new and enlightened reincarnation of Summitchaser/isolationedsnow.....or.....??????

And by the way, go ahead and say it..... I am right. :brew:

• Like 1

But you have to admit I have some good points. I mean someone like kayfire comes at me and he's completely wrong and no one says a single thing. If someone says something legit I acknowledge it most likely. I just basically respond to the trolls and I know that is a big mistake but I do it because, just as you are, I am bored.