El Potrero Chico/J-Tree in Feb.

Jordan

I'm trying to put together my Feb climbing trip Schedule. Going to Pico De Orizaba first, and it looks like I'm going to solo that which is fine, but the following week (thinking 3rd or 4th week in Feb) I'd like to get some amazing rock climbing in, which I DO need a partner for but having a hard time finding. Sound like fun to anyone? Lots of sunshine and great rock in FEB! J-Tree would have a place to stay in Palm Desert. Would be dirt baggin it if I decide on El Potrero. Either way... cant beat it!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

El Potrero was great like 4-5 years ago; not sure how it is anymore with all the drug wars, probably mostly in Monterey--not sure--might check out. Say hi to Magic Ed as he put up a lot there and invested big$. Take 2nd hand small shoes mostly (I'm guessing 5-6 or smaller, US) to donate to Ed if you can; He teaches local kids to climb. I drank the water there w/out problems as the supply is spring fed-not sure bout current situation. Enjoy. By the way, I was there in Feb too; very hot in the sun. Also, the 420 there really sucks, don't even bother if u r into that sort of thing, plus it just made me paranoid.

Edited by Lucky Larry