Banks Lake Ice Awesome

Plaidman

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here some pics from Banks Lake.

H2O2 just north of the cable.

Beau and Wayne Wallace climbed it on Sunday. Beau led it past where Rick stopped. Getting on the pillar was the crux. It goes at WI5+

Banks_Lake_Ice_Climbing_002.jpgBanks_Lake_Ice_Climbing_003.jpg

My wife The Adventure Queen even got some top roping in. We offered to give her the rack so she could send it for us. She declined.

Banks_Lake_Ice_Climbing_0411.jpg

Getting on the pillar was the crux. It goes at WI5+

Banks_Lake_Ice_Climbing_042.jpg

We didn't get to go up to the top for the scary 5+ climbing.

We went over to Devils Punch Bowl and found a safe spot on the Lower Falls.

Banks_Lake_Ice_Climbing_045.jpg

Copy_of_Banks_Lake_Ice_Climbing_054.jpg

Copy_of_Banks_Lake_Ice_Climbing_055.jpg

Copy_of_Banks_Lake_Ice_Climbing_056.jpg

Copy_2_of_Banks_Lake_Ice_Climbing_057.jpg

Trying to get the video of this last sequence edited.

We had a blast.

Banks Lake is fat and fun off the hook.

Plaidman

Edited by Plaidman

Rick, Larry, Ronda, and Plaidman just got back from Banks Lake. Trip report will be posted soon. This is the best pic from the whole weekend taken by Ronda. It was 18 degrees and Rick and I are HOT!!!

Banks_Lake_Ice_Climbing_072.jpg

When the ice is really in Rick's BD Fusion ice tool tattoo starts glowing and my broken heart tat starts beating wildly.

H202 was my first steep ice lead after ditching leashes a number of years ago and in the condition it was in, it gave me a pretty savage pump.

If someone ever lugged a drill out to Banks, their is some extreme mixed potential that could lure some hot shots to the Pacific Northwest (or Southwest if you're at Canuck).

I am going back to Banks Lake weekend after next. Don't know where I am getting the money. It's so close to Christmas my wife is hording money to spend on the kids. I am a kid. I just need a little cash for gas. I'll camp and eat peanut butter sandwiches, freeze my ass off and have a great time. Seriously I have two people to go from PDX. I have one seat in my car for someone to pitch in on gas. This is all moot if the weather doesn't stay cold. Someone turn up the cold I am not done climbing. :moondance: sickie :moondance: sickie :rocken: