[TR] Hyalite - 11/28/2010

phil_tatman

Trip: Hyalite -

Date: 11/28/2010

Trip Report:

A large Bellingham crew spent last week in Hyalite Canyon for Thanksgiving. Amoung us was Dyan, Kevin, Dustin, Brandon, Austin, Brian, and meself.

We stayed at the TLC inn, which has the best bargin going! You can pack as many people as you can into one room and thr rate is still 50$ for two beds.

Everything is looking fat in the canyon and one of the guys from Northern Lights (the gear shop in town) said they are plowing the road year-round now. WOOO-HOOOO

Day one Looked like this:

After driving until 3:30 am we were a little unmotivated to walk and spent the day on top rope at G1 to get back into ice mode. Dustin, Kevin, and myself all soloed lower green sleeves that day too.

DSCF5139.JPG

DSCF5154.JPG

Day two:

We all decided to head to the unnamed all that morning and took over the craig! We got on the elevator shaft, the fat one, and magically delicious

me on the elevator shaft:

DSCF5171.JPG

Dyan and Kevin:

DSCF5183.JPG

Day three:

We decided to split up this day. Austin, Dyan, Brian, and myself went to the corner climbs and lower green sleeves. Brian led his first pitch of ice and I got another solo lap in. The rest of the crowd headed to upper green sleeves and G2

Brian gitn it done!

IMG_08801.jpg

Me on the left corner climb

DSCF5200.JPG

Day four:

We split up again this day as well. Dustin, Kevin, and Brandon went to the mummy coulor while Dyan, Austin, Brian, and myself went to G2, the Hangover, and Golden Mean

Me on G2

DSCF5232.JPG

Brian on the Hangover

DSCF5274.JPG

Me on the Hangover

DSCF5260.JPG

Hanging out in the cave behind Golden Mean

DSCF5244.JPG

Me (in green) and Austin (in red) at the base of Golden Mean

IMG_09022.jpg

me on the golden mean

IMG_09101.jpg

Day 5:

We all drive home and Brandon and I stopped in Vantage and got on the first 30ft of Arctic Grail (see other TR)

Gear Notes:

Lots of screws. Placed 13s, 16s, 19s, and 22s.

Approach Notes:

Get on I90 and go east. Get off in Bozeman. The road into the canyon is getting plowed year around

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic