BD Coulior Harness: review

powderhound

Purcahsed this last weekend for ice and alpine. Figuered since I dont fall on ice might as well shave the balls and go light. So I did and it wasnt too bad.

Climbed maybe 15 pitches in it this last week in cody. I definetly liked the leg loops and how easy it is to take a crap or just take off with leaving the crampons on. The spots for the ice clippers could be better. They move around a bit. The tie in buckle for the harness is a pain there are two buckels but I didnt have any problems them freezing or anything. I was worried that this harness would cut my spleen in half when rappeling but actually wasnt uncomfortable. Wouldn't want to climb the captian in it though. My 2 cents. for $50 I would recomend. light and functional but wouldnt use it for anything where i think i am going to fall or have to hang in it for any type of extended time period.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one this spring and used it mostly for ski mountaineering. It's comfortable to walk in; you almost forget it's there. I liked it enough that I started to use it on easy alpine rock routes too. In my mind, this is an Alpine Bod killer--half the weight, half the size and you get a belay loop. Good harness.