[TR] Mt. Jefferson - Jeff Park Glacier 10/1/2010

Lucky Larry

Trip: Mt. Jefferson - Jeff Park Glacier

Date: 10/1/2010

Trip Report:

Solo. From Jeff park I could not see the big moat at the bergschrund, but it was in the back of my mind and I scoped out an escape route on the way up to it, and decided to head up anyway because i wanted to do something. When I got to the schrund maw I went-- gulp-- and traversed climbers left and down through the crevasses (gulp, again). The schrund may have been climbable; I just did not really check it out at this point because of my feeling the 'oh shit' factor--out of my comfort zone. No rock fall but signs of it, I just did not see or hear any. At one point my BD spinner leash biner popped off one tool; the wire gate had actually flipped to the outside, wrong side, of the biner. Fortunately, i was able to flip it back into place.DSCN0282.JPGDSCN02901.JPGDSCN0281.JPG

Gear Notes:

Two tools, 57mm

Approach Notes:

Whitewater TH

Edited by oldlarry

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh shit is right; glad to see you made it back in one piece.

conditions are starting to look good out there. got to get up there one of these days. How'd the Sisters look from up there?

FYI

TR says October

Pics say November

I'm dyslexic so don't mess w/me. Last time I checked pics said oct, but i could be, probably am, wrong. no view of sisters as i never summited--your joking me right? hee haw.

• 1 month later...