where is this?

powderhound

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

This is an awsome little crag, but yes the poison oak is horrible. My friend and I tryed to deal with that problem a couple years back but never had any results. Mabey we could organize a poison oak clean up party? I'm sure if 10-15 people where involved with tyvex suits and the like we might be able to make the place a bit more tolerable. Anyone?

Todd

Thanks Bill. That was a really fun day. I love that place. And it was better than sex! Don't tell my wife though. She did climb it and thought it was fun but not better than sex. Glad there is no poison oak up at Coethedral. Wankers though I thought was worthy when the west end of the gorge is wet. I just want to climb those cracks.

Thanks Bill. That was a really fun day. I love that place. And it was better than sex! Don't tell my wife though. She did climb it and thought it was fun but not better than sex. Glad there is no poison oak up at Coethedral. Wankers though I thought was worthy when the west end of the gorge is wet. I just want to climb those cracks.

Better than sex? That? Words cant convey how sorry I feel for you.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd love to help if any one is still interested in trying to kill the poison oak! This place looks rad! I have an immunity to Poison Oak so I can def rip it up in tearing that nasty stuff out! Anyone willing to cough up directions?!?!

Rock on!

No shit? Pull the oak?! Holy mother of ....we're saved! Tim listed it in and earlier version of the Portland Rock climbs book as Wankers Columns if you want to find it easy. Grab his book and find the directions and Bob's yer Uncle!

I'll most likely screw it up but I'll take a stab at it since you seem so damn sincere and the poison oak eats me alive. http://www.portlandhikersfieldguide.org/wiki/Labyrinth_Loop_Hike Read this about the Labrinth loop hike. Park by the lake, walk East up the road to the 2nd, maybe the 3rd trail on the left. It's a loop, if you jump on the first trailhead going left, you'll see it but it's the long way. Head up it and within about mile, a short time after you cross the creek on a wooden bridge, you'll see these cliffs. Anothe verion here: IN CASE YOU DIDN'T SEE THIS LINK ON THE FIRST LINK HERE YA GO ROCK ON!

Anyone want to give him the better directions so that he doesn't get lost? LOL! It's good stuff to climb on, even wet, Sat might be a good day for a hike like this with a lap or 2 as there is a 30% chance of rain. If you screw it up and can't find it based on my shit directions, you'll have a great hike and some spectacular gorge views! http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=45.7176863579072&lon=-121.30416870117188&site=pdt&smap=1&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text

Rock on yerself!

I'm sure Ivan would be happy to lower you down Jensen's to practice your technique...

seems like a lost cause down there - think it would take a couple napalm strikes, a shaky period of cease-fire, then another christmas bombing style napalm smack-down to get that place good again...