where is this?

powderhound

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm pretty sure i climbed here, back in 2002 or so. it's just east of the mountain bike trail/geological feature called "the syncline." the crag is short and pretty much all under 5.10. there were a handful of bolted anchors here. maybe a 20 minute walk north and a bit east from the parking area at the base of the synclimb. lots of ticks and rattlesnakes too!

A feature interestingly shared by the base of El Cap, yet still people go there.....

....and they drop lots of pieces their little nuts and granola bars while eating...

Which brings more mice.....

Which brings more snakes...

Speaking of things mice might eat..anyone see the story of new species JUST found in Yos last month? Story says it's the size or your thumbnail.

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/new-species-found-in-yosemite-valley.html

1041847.large.jpg

There are still lost of mystery's and unknown in the world.

for sure bob

Bob? Who the hell is Bob?

"There once was a service man who toured the Middle East and married a beautiful little China doll. He brought her back to the States and they were very happy.

He always enjoyed looking at her rear end and telling her what a beautiful butt she had. Every day it was, "Darling I love you and what a beautiful butt you have." Every night it was, "Darling I love you and what a beautiful butt you have."

Well his birthday was getting close and she wanted to surprise him with a tattoo on her rear end that said, "Beautiful Butt."

So she finds a reputable tattoo artist and explains what she wants. Well the artist asks her to turn around and after a brief pause says, "There is no way I can get "Beautiful Butt" on your tiny little beautiful butt." But I can put a nice "B" on each cheek which will stand for "Beautiful Butt."

A bit disappointed, she agrees and leaves with her B's.

Well the big day arrives and after a candle light dinner, gifts, and a sip of brandy, she appears in the bedroom in her birthday suit, turns around and bends over.

Quickly sitting up he exclaims, "Darling I love you, but who the hell is BoB?""

Pretty funny Bill!

I should reiterate that the above crag is one of the windiest exposed spots I know of in the Gorge. Rarely is there a time when it is not getting blasted either westerly or easterly. So only on the calmest days is it worth going there. I have thrown my ropes off there to have them blown back over the edge into my face, basically unclimbable because you are getting buffeted so hard. and the anchors are questionable, so bring a rack to back up the old anchors or use extra rope to tie off the big tree as a backup.

These are the wanker columns an old T.O. portland guide refers to. Park on Hwy 14 just west of the waterfall and head up. Do note that while I live 15 minutes from there, I have not been there in 12 years, mostly b/c of the amazingly high density of poison oak at the base:(

Bingen Gap...The Syncline...Wankers?

OK, what has it really been known as forever and a day?

I heard McGown call it 'Wankers' (or sumthin like that) long ago, but since the memory glands are fadin'...but since Bob said it that is what I used in prc...

p.s. lots of poison oak is an understatement...