Open Letter to CC moderators and members

Dane

http://www.colinbartholomew.com/

Such a nice presentation. Good looking kid...even Sobo would like you Colin. We'd have to watch that. How does it go from that reality and some nice pictures and climbs to your CC.com persona :)

And me on the other hand so nice, gentele and helpful here and such a knuckle dragger thug in real life? Hard to fathom how the internet changes someone.

You probably have it right there. I really like your site as well. I admire all the cool climbs and info you have there.

Edited by summitchaserCJB

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.... People tend to be a bit intimidated ANNOYED by me and I don't like that so I'm working on it.

Don't be fooled. I'm just like you- I just say what I think.

there...fixed that for you...you talk to much about yourself...if you need answers to questions, ask...otherwise, post a tr in the tr sections and don't respond unless a question is asked...

In fairness to CJB, Dane wrote that it is also the general tenor of the place that has gone way downhill. Here's a good example in a response to the 'What Would You Do?' thread just posted here on the Climbers Board:

"Jerk off"

Belongs in spray, not here. And yes I have been an idiot myself. Perhaps a good way to move forward is to restrict certain forums to members only.

This kind of post does represent all climbers even if most of us are tired of this crap.

More sad evidence of the hyper-narcissism of the Facebook generation. I'm sure there's a corollary for his behavior here.

"The present research examined how narcissism is manifested on a social networking Web site (i.e., Facebook.com). Narcissistic personality self-reports were collected from social networking Web page owners. Then their Web pages were coded for both objective and subjective content features. Finally, strangers viewed the Web pages and rated their impression of the owner on agentic traits, communal traits, and narcissism. Narcissism predicted (a) higher levels of social activity in the online community and (b) more self-promoting content in several aspects of the social networking Web pages. Strangers who viewed the Web pages judged more narcissistic Web page owners to be more narcissistic. Finally, mediational analyses revealed several Web page content features that were influential in raters' narcissistic impressions of the owners, including quantity of social interaction, main photo self-promotion, and main photo attractiveness. Implications of the expression of narcissism in social networking communities are discussed."

Narcissism and Social Networking Websites

No I'm just saying I don't want to hear about it, WTF does that have to do with climbing? Spray most definitely.

There's a certain population here that thinks they own the place, do you think CJB just sprung out of the ground or is he perhaps connected in some obvious way to what goes on here?

No I'm just saying I don't want to hear about it, WTF does that have to do with climbing? Spray most definitely.

There's a certain population here that thinks they own the place, do you think CJB just sprung out of the ground or is he perhaps connected in some obvious way to what goes on here?

Yeah cc.com was so much more polite back in the day

super polite thread with 0% spray from 2001

I don't give a flying you know what about being polite, if it has something to do with climbing and is not completely assinine, defamatory or irrelevant, GO FOR IT!!!!!

Completely awesome satire is extra awesome. Just seem that we're not playing our A game at times.

I think Minx hit it on the head with her thoughts on Spray, but folks need to realize that the whole site isn't spray. That's all.

And if certain folks get upset about this, too bad, it is a big community so let's keep that in mind.

Funny, I have been on the Internet for awhile. Only three posters I ignore. Two of them were here on cc.com

Kevin was one that I just recently unblocked after he noticed it.

Not a bad guy just too much of an annoying buzz at times like Colin.

Less static would be good..but sometimes it is funny...no so much in a serious conversation about being a total tool.

This place is what YOU make of it.

I'm not going to bitch on Summit. He's just all jazzed up and into it I suspect. Thats all. I was thinking complaining about youth was just being a mark of a crotchety old man Dane. :) Probably if you could tolerate Summitchaser he'd be a good guy to mentor. As you get older and weaker he gets stronger and pretty soon he's leading all the hard stuff:-) But I suppose that it's not the youth that folks are complaining about. Powderhound up there might even be younger than summit up there. I bet the hound must have had a couple of winters of 50-100 plus water ice climbing days that he needs to show more photos on. Probably climbed more days in one of his winters in Montana than most of us have done in our life.

No bitching from me. Regards to all!

talk - action =0 is algebraically the same as talk = action. (saw that somewhere on the net)

a better way is talk < action

Why are complex numbers so difficult for people?

action = real number = x

talk = imaginary number = y

value of sprayer = z = x+iy

value of climber = Real(z) or x

note that it's entirely possible for a climber to have no spray (y=0) and a sprayer to have no climber (x=0)

My guess is SC is best climber in his circle of friends. This can be dangerous. One needs to hang out with better climbers than oneself to be infused with a proper amount of self-deprecating humor.

When you go out and go big, you've got to fool yourself into thinking you know what you're doing. But in the "privacy" of your own community of climbers who know what's up, its always better to just admit you got lucky were considering bailing the whole time.

N