Open Letter to CC moderators and members

Dane

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And seriously, comparing me to Josh Lewis. That is just insulting. WTF are you thinking?

You are right. Sorry Josh

The kid duct taped his feet to prevent hypothermia!

And you helmet cam 'ed yourself dry humping a rock in the snow. And then put it on the Internet

I've been in the outdoors my entire fucking life!

And at some point after your illustrious career at SPU and Jack in the Box, your head got seriously chilled, and your brain went into suspended animation

And seriously- pm me if you have a problem. This public forum stuff is messy.

You love the Internet and the attention it brings on you. But when it goes against you, the tears come out. You are CC's own Internet Diva

I think he is vying for Boner's job here...

You love the Internet and the attention it brings on you. But when it goes against you, the tears come out. You are CC's own Internet Diva

Correction, Latest Internet Diva.

And like all the others he'll eventually learn how not to be a lightning rod of arrogance and idiocy, or far more likely that if you are a lightning rod you shouldn't stand near Tesla coils.

Moderators

Dane has an extremely valid point in the OP. The level of discourse which a certain someone brings to CC.com is so ridiculously low it has distracted from the core of what this site is about (connecting climbers and sharing VALID information). I personally am sick and tired of seeing threads hijacked left and right. I stopped looking at this site a while ago because of how obnoxious this has become. It would be nice to not have to block this person. A friend told me about this thread and told me to post so I can get this off my chest. Please do something about this!!!!

To whom it may concern

If this were a firehouse and you were the rookie who couldn't keep their mouth shut (just like you are on this site) you would be ridiculed by your crew, written up, and fired on your last day of probation! CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY SO FAR. Please realize that you have hardly any experience. The climbs you brag about are really not that hard or big at all. In fact most everyone on this site has climbed them. Keep climbing and you won't even remember all the X-rated pitches you climb. Dane has 500 times more experience than you and should not be questioned or ridiculed by you. Please take the humble road out of here and stop making this website suck!

I think I speak for both of us in that if you have a complaint about how a certain poster or group of posters affect the quality of this website that the issue be brought up with Porter and I in a more private manner sooner rather then later. I'm not a huge advocate of public skewering of posters on here however I think some have it coming and the message is better heard from the... hurd.

In defense of the moderators, they cannot possibly read every post or thread on this site, and they rely on you bringing things to their attention. Please do so!

Personally I think we should ban people for posting fucking tilted photos. Those ones with the icicles coming in to the frame at 45 degrees. Or with the trees in the background almost horizontal like in Layton's notorious Diedre shot.

:battlecage:

dude I've never altered any photo or video to make it look more badass. Please refrain from saying so. I know it's a joke but seriously I haven't.

I think I speak for both of us in that if you have a complaint about how a certain poster or group of posters affect the quality of this website that the issue be brought up with Porter and I in a more private manner sooner rather then later. I'm not a huge advocate of public skewering of posters on here however I think some have it coming and the message is better heard from the... hurd.

For full disclosure...it is my understanding this specific topic was a fairly long private message that was passed around several weeks ago between moderators.

I don't think the moderators have any reason to apologize. But if people don't listen..some times it just takes more voices. It that didn't work....not a lot of recourse left in a civil society if you want to stay civil.

A 17 year old driving a 50 something year old crazy?

Time honored tradition, I tell ye.

No doubt :) and if he was 17 I'd cut him a bunch more slack but he's in his mid 20s at least. Or if the level of spray had lessened in the last year..it hasn't. But gotten worse. I have sox that have climbed more and they talk less. Time to grow up a bit on the Internet. Obviously by the last post it isn't happening very quickly fro such a "sharp" guy.

BTW I thought Josh's duct tape sox brilliant. Smart kid and he writes well. Photo skills are way above average. Hard not to like Josh even as a goof ball kid. Reminds me of...me..though likely smarter, stronger and tougher, sunburned face and all :)

Josh rocks!

holy shit, speaking of gods, they dared to fuck w/ maud'dib?!?

Blessed is the Maker and His Water.

Dear moderators,

Please change my username from Atreides to KirkW.

People are making fun of my name it's really hurting my feelings. :cry:

Please make this change, delete all posts that hurt my feelings and ban the perpetrators of these misdeeds against me for at least 24 hrs.

Thanks!

And like all the others he'll eventually learn how not to be a lightning rod of arrogance and idiocy, or far more likely that if you are a lightning rod you shouldn't stand near Tesla coils.

Funny, I don't recall posting that statement...

I'm pretty sick of the g-checks here. You know my climbing history. I have the experience to back it up. That's it. I

...first ascent of some hitherto unnoticed mossy blob of granite at index

This is my new background. Thanks. When does it hit the presses?

Noteworthy first ascent!!

alpinist5.jpg

This is my new background. Thanks. When does it hit the presses?

Edited by summitchaserCJB

Funny, I don't recall posting that statement...

Figure's I'd screw up the quote! That was num1mc, not you :P

And children, that's one of the many reasons you shouldn't drink and spray:p

http://www.colinbartholomew.com/

Such a nice presentation. Good looking kid...even Sobo would like you Colin. We'd have to watch that. How does it go from that reality and some nice pictures and climbs to your CC.com persona :)

And me on the other hand so nice, gentele and helpful here and such a knuckle dragger thug in real life? Hard to fathom how the internet changes someone.

http://www.colinbartholomew.com/

Such a nice presentation. Good looking kid...even Sobo would like you Colin. We'd have to watch that. How does it go from that reality and some nice pictures and climbs to your CC.com persona :)

And me on the other hand so nice, gentele and helpful here and such a knuckle dragger thug in real life? Hard to fathom how the internet changes someone.

I'm always shocked at the difference between people's internet & real life personalities. I'm often surprised at how personable intertards are when you're chatting with them face to face. Where's the disconnect? Generally I think that a zero response policy to idiocy is the best approach. It works with my 4 year old, at least.