Open Letter to CC moderators and members

Dane

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sick of the g-checks here. You know my climbing history. I have the experience to back it up. That's it. If you have a problem prove me wrong. I have a feeling that if you add up the climbing experience of many of my detractors you might get to my level (this isn't including some obvious examples).

I'm a climber- if you don't like it I don't care.

Maybe some people mistook my posting videos or TR's as trying to gain cred. People that know me know I don't need to do that man. I'm just trying to share my love for climbing in my own way. I'm not trying to dick-measure with dudes twice my age with twice the experience. I'm not that stupid.

I'm a climber just like you. I'm sorry if I came off as a dick FWIW.

Edited by summitchaserCJB

And seriously, comparing me to Josh Lewis. That is just insulting. WTF are you thinking? The kid duct taped his feet to prevent hypothermia! \

I've been in the outdoors my entire fucking life!

And seriously- pm me if you have a problem. This public forum stuff is messy.

why do you post so much???

rarely seen someone post so much but say so little.

make 1 post with ALL your thoughts then wait for people to respond to that. why do you edit almost all your posts? do you write them in haste to respond or do you re-read them and improve upon them like thinking of a good come-back hours after the fact? i do that sometimes

some people post incessantly, but those people seem to manage to keep it in spray. Is it a tendency of IM/FB/chat/txt'ing/instant generation in combination with an ADD thing or some sort of narcissism or what? all fair options, or maybe something else? i ain't that good of a climber on any front and i like reading the wide variety of information people share but i see tons of your posts on other people's threads, a lot of the time lately, and i can't say i have learned much from yours. if there is a silver lining it is that people's response to your posts generally have valuable information.

just my observation as a fly on the wall

cheers & chill

hmm well that's good. At least I generate some discussion that is positive. Shit thats good enough for me.

and yes, I edit because I think on my feet.

And I just post when I'm bored. Still working on filtering myself. It's hard for me to not chime in when I know something about something. The problem with spray is that it isn't climbing related. I don't care about birthdays or politics that much. I just know enough about politics to get into trouble and I like to avoid that.

I happen to be pretty smart and I think over people's heads often...so what I say is misinterpreted quite a bit on this site. So, keep that in mind. Chances are I'm not trying to make you look stupid but if you come at me I just defend myself. :tup: People tend to be a bit intimidated by me and I don't like that so I'm working on it.

Don't be fooled. I'm just like you- I just say what I think.

hmm well that's good. At least I generate some discussion that is positive. Shit thats good enough for me.

and yes, I edit because I think on my feet.

And I just post when I'm bored. Still working on filtering myself. It's hard for me to not chime in when I know something about something. The problem with spray is that it isn't climbing related. I don't care about birthdays or politics that much. I just know enough about politics to get into trouble and I like to avoid that.

I happen to be pretty smart and I think over people's heads often...so what I say is misinterpreted quite a bit on this site. So, keep that in mind. Chances are I'm not trying to make you look stupid but if you come at me I just defend myself. :tup: People tend to be a bit intimidated by me and I don't like that so I'm working on it.

Don't be fooled. I'm just like you- I just say what I think.

too smart for the room. yeah...that may just be it.

And seriously, comparing me to Josh Lewis. That is just insulting. WTF are you thinking?

You are right. Sorry Josh

The kid duct taped his feet to prevent hypothermia!

And you helmet cam 'ed yourself dry humping a rock in the snow. And then put it on the Internet

I've been in the outdoors my entire fucking life!

And at some point after your illustrious career at SPU and Jack in the Box, your head got seriously chilled, and your brain went into suspended animation

And seriously- pm me if you have a problem. This public forum stuff is messy.

You love the Internet and the attention it brings on you. But when it goes against you, the tears come out. You are CC's own Internet Diva

I just know enough about politics to get into trouble and I like to avoid that.

Don't fool yourself

I happen to be pretty smart and I think over people's heads often..

I know dogs that could beat you in checkers

...so what I say is misinterpreted quite a bit on this site. So, keep that in mind. Chances are I'm not trying to make you look stupid but if you come at me I just defend myself.

The only person you make look stupid would be yourself

People tend to be a bit intimidated by me

Delusion land

I'm pretty sick of the g-checks here. You know my climbing history. I have the experience to back it up. That's it. I

you forgot this one, rafe. dude's history speaks for itself: first ascent on mt si, first ascent of some hitherto unnoticed mossy blob of granite at index, ascents of notable cascades testpieces such as guye peak and snow creek wall. we should all be thanking our lucky stars that a badass like summitchaser condescends to share his wisdom and hard-won experience with the rest of us turkeys.

You know my climbing history. I have the experience to back it up.

You really don't. All those routes you have done at Index are nice and all but get real, my daughter did them all of those by the time she was 10. RUMR's kids probably did them by the time they were 4. At least by your trip reports you have posted you haven't climbed any significant alpine routes. You have a little bit of experience, just enough to think you are bad ass but not enough to know how much to need to learn. Have a litte humility. If you have to tell people how great you are, you're not. Talk - action = 0.

Edited by danielpatricksmith

why do you post so much???

rarely seen someone post so much but say so little.

make 1 post with ALL your thoughts then wait for people to respond to that. why do you edit almost all your posts?

Dude's racking up the posts, then Dane and John Frieh can hook him up with all sorts of free schwag, might even get a speaking circuit.

OR

CJB learned to climb on MySpace......

Likely there are more than a few here who get tired of my posts.

But I get so tired of one forum poster here that I am about ready to puke.

There is a never ending dump of bragging, thread hijacks and bull shit with the odd really distasteful insult tossed in for good measure all from a single poster. Generally half the comments of any thread that entices him. The first to my knowledge here to blurt "you are talking out your ass", when in effect the poster clearly was and continues to do so out of his. Other's have followed and seem to think repeating the insult is some kind of badge of courage.

It is annoying and REALLY lowers the over all content and level of discussion on cc.com imo.

I suspect I am not the only one here that can find other things to do than be annoyed on cc.com by a single internet jerk.

So in the kindest and most polite manner posible...moderators.."what the fuck are you thinking?"

so, after seeing the verbal smackdown of your nefarious interlocutor, what revisions, if any, do you have for the above?

Likely there are more than a few here who get tired of my posts.

But I get so tired of one forum poster here that I am about ready to puke.

There is a never ending dump of bragging, thread hijacks and bull shit with the odd really distasteful insult tossed in for good measure all from a single poster. Generally half the comments of any thread that entices him. The first to my knowledge here to blurt "you are talking out your ass", when in effect the poster clearly was and continues to do so out of his. Other's have followed and seem to think repeating the insult is some kind of badge of courage.

It is annoying and REALLY lowers the over all content and level of discussion on cc.com imo.

I suspect I am not the only one here that can find other things to do than be annoyed on cc.com by a single internet jerk.

So in the kindest and most polite manner posible...moderators.."what the fuck are you thinking?"

so, after seeing the verbal smackdown of your nefarious interlocutor, what revisions, if any, do you have for the above?

Did you just ask Dane to resubmit his assignment for credit on the missed problems? :lmao:

Jeezus Ivan I am a simple guy. Every thing goes over my head. I had to look up "interlocutor". Guess we shoud be gentle to our delicate little snow flakes ;)

Revisions? Been easier to simply quote from the Machine, "with Alex it isn't a lot of bla, bla, bla,"

Stay excited. Stay alive.

Spray less, climb more.