Open Letter to CC moderators and members

Dane

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Atreides, you should tell us what it was you said to get banned now that everyone is friends again.

I don't even remember and either Peter P or Offwhite deleted some of the comments, split the thread and put half of it in Spray and left the other half on the rock climbing board. Here's a taste.

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/985301/4

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/985669/2

I guess they didn't like me pointing out their obviously preferential treatment for summitdoucher.

What did I do to you Atreides? I'm seriously asking.

Nothing. Nothing at all. You're just some asshole on the internet that I've never met. You come off as a complete douche bag in most of your posts but that doesn't really bother me. Lots of douche bags on this site. Take me for example. Total noob just figuring things out and every once in a while I voice my opinion. Whatever. Take it or leave it.

What I really don't like to see is the mods on this site banning people for you when you piss and moan because someone calls you fucking retarded for posting a video of yourself doing something stupid. You fly your stupid flag trying to get people to pay attention to you and when you get honest feedback that you don't like because it hurts your feelings you whine for someone to make it all better. Not really a big deal but it's changed my opinion about this site and what it's good for.

Take it or leave it, but I'm pretty sure I'm done feeding your need to be the center of attention. I heard somewhere about this ignore user function?

Reading over the night's fighting I have this to say:

The Climber's Board isn't Cafe Sensistivo, but it is no place for a little bigot to spew.

I really can't think of any public place where repeatedly yelling out that certain individuals are fags, gay and/or pussies and making wild threats would be appropriate and most places would physically walk CJB out the door or worse.

Nevermind the constant interruptions.

So WTF?!?! I have to repeat this: Dane was right, no place for this here. Doesn't make us look good at all, especially as it seems he may post these with impunity and some folks think it's all good, no matter how vile, just because "you're so stoked dude!"

Hey Atreides, you should tell us what it was you said to get banned now that everyone is friends again.
WTF? I'm not pinks friend...only kevbone will fill that special role for pink...

Not that it matters...but Pink is twice the climber (in terms of having the most fun) than Rumr will ever be.....not that is matters. :wave:

This site is pretty well run IMO. I like the fact they let us embarass ourselves. I usually read my posts a couple times before I submit. Its not total anarchy but it definitely leans in that direction. Almost everyone says a few stupid things at first but soon learn what flies and what doesn't. When you're out climbing something and most everything says stop, retreat, come back another day most listen. These clues can keep you alive - ignore them too many times and things will end badly. I hope ignoring the obvious clues is only something the subject of this thread does while sitting in front of the computer.

SCJB, all else aside, consider how what you post here presents you as an individual. You now have a post on a web board that paints you as homophobic. The internet is forever.

If your goal is to be a hardman, you are making it difficult on yourself. These things are based on relationships with people; no one ever did it completely on their own. You are currently creating a reputation that will precede you (negatively) in the climbing world.