Open Letter to CC moderators and members

Dane

Likely there are more than a few here who get tired of my posts.

But I get so tired of one forum poster here that I am about ready to puke.

There is a never ending dump of bragging, thread hijacks and bull shit with the odd really distasteful insult tossed in for good measure all from a single poster. Generally half the comments of any thread that entices him. The first to my knowledge here to blurt "you are talking out your ass", when in effect the poster clearly was and continues to do so out of his. Other's have followed and seem to think repeating the insult is some kind of badge of courage.

It is annoying and REALLY lowers the over all content and level of discussion on cc.com imo.

I suspect I am not the only one here that can find other things to do than be annoyed on cc.com by a single internet jerk.

So in the kindest and most polite manner posible...moderators.."what the fuck are you thinking?"

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Dane, I have to say I have always thought you can be kind of a dick in your posts. The truth is however you actually provide useful and worthwhile content to this site which is something a whole lot of other people do not. The totally needless and worthless comments added by people who think they need to post, but don't really know shit is likely the reason some of the more respected members of CC.com have left.

view profile -> ignore this user

x2 - fuck's sake, that's what its there for

what is this, high school? "they don't grow up ma'am, they just get tubby" :)

can you just name your White Whale now so we can decide wether he truly is a doche-bag or not? the high-school solution, afterall, isn't to ask the teacher (moderator) to save you, but to team up and taunt the shit out of the enemy until she develops an eating-disorder :P

So in the kindest and most polite manner posible...moderators.."what the fuck are you thinking?"

You can now expect to be banned from this site for 24 hrs like I was for questioning the cc gods.

Apparently, the poster you speak of, must have pics of Offwhite and Peter P in bed with a 12 year old (boy). They certainly seem to treat him with favor.

can you just name your White Whale now so we can decide wether he truly is a doche-bag or not? the high-school solution, afterall, isn't to ask the teacher (moderator) to save you, but to team up and taunt the shit out of the enemy until she develops an eating-disorder :P
Three names come to my mind (aside from Ivan & I :P ). Do tell, please...

You can now expect to be banned from this site for 24 hrs like I was for questioning the cc gods.

Apparently, the poster you speak of, must have pics of Offwhite and Peter P in bed with a 12 year old (boy). They certainly seem to treat him with favor.

holy shit, speaking of gods, they dared to fuck w/ maud'dib?!?

Three names come to my mind (aside from Ivan & I :P ). Do tell, please...

Not it! Linky:

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/988138/1

holy shit, speaking of gods, they dared to fuck w/ maud'dib?!?

Ya know...he who controls the spice...and all that. They're out to get me.

FYI all:

I think he got mad b/c I posted some crack about him getting canned from a Jack in The Box (guess it was the clown owners and the crap in a sack incident if you remember that, seemed to fit from what little i know of

the dude) in a 'quit your job thread' (see below in Climber's Board), then came over and crashed another thread I had posted. Dane got mad, and here we are.

that dude? sure...no need to censure him, he does a fine job it would appear of losing his credibility all by himself - there have been no shortage of fools over the years who have strutted n' fretted their hour upon the cc.com stage only to wander off into obscurity - why does this homeboy deserve special treatment? :)

Sorry this place isn't run to everyone's satisfaction. Pleasing everyone is pretty tough, and while there is definitely the option of running a tighter ship, the costs of doing so (using moderation help that is completely volunteer) goes up exponentially as you ratchet down. This place has always been more permissive than other sites, and we have no doubt lost readers because of that. However, it is that same nature that has drawn a lot of great climbers, story tellers, and gear geeks.

Dane is definitely an asset to CC.com as the latter. Who else has spent as much as he as on the single minded pursuit of identifying the best gear out there? Not me! That he shares this info with you guys should help you overcome any issues with his personality you might have. He is a pretty generous guy.

As to who he is talking about, I don't know. I have an idea, but I'm not sure. I'm not sure I care though, because I have my own list of people I would like to ban :eveeel: . All I can say is we are definitely a community. A community has all sorts of characters. Some are great assets to the community. Some are actually pretty annoying. And some are pretty annoying but have redeeming qualities. The spectrum here is pretty wide. If you start wielding the ban hammer every time someone is offended, there will probably be 3 people left on this board.

So sorry for not meeting your expectations, but we are glad you are here at a part of the CC.com community.

If you see a user violate the TOS , then please let a moderator or admin know.

thanks.

jolly good on you olyclimber: I have a suspicion some of the souls on this ship are posers pretending to be cranky old beatards just to see who they can get in a ruffle because they enjoy that sort of thing, in other words, they like creating drama by getting down on people and when they see they have a fish bitting for their crap bait it gives them a bonner. wah wah, hee haw!

Sorry this place isn't run to everyone's satisfaction. Pleasing everyone is pretty tough, and while there is definitely the option of running a tighter ship, the costs of doing so (using moderation help that completely volunteer) go up exponentially as you ratchet down. This place has always been more permissive than other sites, and we have no doubt lost readers because of that. However, it is that same nature that has drawn a lot of great climbers, story tellers, and gear geeks.

Dane is definitely an asset to CC.com as the latter. Who else has spent as much as he as on the single minded pursuit of identifying the best gear out there? Not me! That he shares this info with you guys should help you overcome any issues with his personality you might have. He is a pretty generous guy.

As to who he is talking about, I don't know. I have an idea, but I'm not sure. I'm not sure I care though, because I have my own list of people I would like to ban :eveeel: . All I can say is we are definitely a community. A community has all sorts of characters. Some are great assets to the community. Some are actually pretty annoying. And some are pretty annoying but have redeeming qualities. The spectrum here is pretty wide. If you start wielding the ban hammer every time someone is offended, there will probably be 3 people left on this board.

So sorry for not meeting your expectations, but we are glad you are here at a part of the CC.com community.

If you see a user violate the TOS , then please let a moderator or admin know.

thanks.

Everything you say here makes perfect sense to me.

Which has left me curious as to why I was banned for criticizing the very douche that this thread is concerning, while he is allowed to piss all over the forums and the mods seem to let him get away with posting anything?

Don't want to use the words fucking hypocrites or anything but...

If you got banned, it was something you did Atreides. Sorry. Maybe you were reacting to someone else, but bans happen for a reason here. Just because someone else is acting like an ass doesn't give every one a license to.

Sometimes it is the person who reacts negatively to someone else behaving badly that gets kicked out of the game. It just happens. Live and learn. React differently next time. Be a part of the solution rather than the problem.

Here is my 2 cents.

I actually do use the ignore button. And I know I can personally annoy just about anyone and generally do.

The forum rules are in part: "that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate.."

Everyone has their own use for this forum. I have several.

I am not mad nor do I have any sort of personal agenda against any member. I have no desire to see anyone get banned.

But intentionally adding bad info.....isn't a good thing for anyone here and seemingly against the forum rules as well. You can easily judge "defamatory" by simply asking yourself would you say that to Mike Tyson's face ;)

When many usefull threads get hijacked into a spray fest and a good percentage of the posts in the same thread end up being by one poster patting himself on the back or answering his own questions, it makes the forum less useful, imo.

But I could be way off base on that as well. We are all busy. My apologies, as the intent was to help not make things worse.

There have been any number of very skilled and gracious climbers on cc.com in the few years I have been here. Many leave or even worse, never post again. I think we all loose because of that lack of involvement. Everyone here has something useful to share.

Forums (most forums) are a great place to learn, gather and more importantly share communal information.

Obviously not my call, just found the level of same old static exceptionally annoying here today.