A friend's web site...cool pictures.

Rodchester

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is RURP:

Tomaz is good but his web-site says this:

"First echoes from around the world are all very positive, fortifying him as the best climber in the world in modern mountain climbing history."

Ya, maybe in Slovenia's little world. That is quite a claim for a 30 year old! And you can click on a button and send your congratulations to him for his excellent climbing!

rolleyes.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0[hell no]

RURP has spoken.

Hey RURP:

When are you going to tell us how to run a guide company better than old Lou? Remember when I asked if you could do better and how you would do it?

You responded:

"Could RURP do better. Yes, I think so."

Start a thread or send me a PM. Enlighten me with your knowledge of the industry, liability, management, leadership, guiding experience, business plan, etc. wink.gif" border="0

And I do think that Tomaz is great, but "the best climber in the world" ??? Whatever. confused.gif" border="0

This is RURP:

Mr. Rodchester: I stick to my belief that I could run a better guide business on Mt. Rainier. I am aware of all of the factors you describe but I have neither the time or interest in pursuing this with you. Really: I have neither the time nor interest, but having been a professional in the guiding business for many years, and having knowledge (including direct observation) of how they conduct things, I believe I could do a much better service overall including staffing, pricing, attitude and safety. The RMI has been successful, but they are still unfortunately the only real game in town. A few others are allowed to guide on the East side but RMI is de facto THE big business there. No, Mr. Rodchester, you'll have to settle for the fact that my opinion in this matter is informed, because frankly, I feel that I have already wasted enough words responding to your taunt. Go drink some beer with your friend Carlos and enjoy the big weekend. [big Drink][big Drink] And have another one from RURP: [big Drink]

RURP has spoken.

AlpineK:

"If I ran a guide service on Rainier I wouldn't let my guides take lunch breaks under the Ingraham ice fall... There I am now better than RMI."

I agreeon that.

"Rod I think it's really cool you know Carlos. Can I please lick your boots. Pretty please."

Lick away baby, lick away. [laf][laf][laf]

How dare Humar call himself greatest climber in world. Just cause he soloes M7 in death zone...

I mean c'mon, the spray machines of Climbing and R&I have already proclaimed DAVE GRAHAM as worlds greatest climber. Jeez guys! And he doesn't smoke dope or do ungraded climbs like that annoying hippy Sharma, so his sponsors stay happy rolleyes.gif" border="0 .

Why don't you guys go climb Everest, K2, or some of the other great climbs, before you shit down the neck of the people that are. Maybe these people are pricks, but at least they're out doing it. All I see here, with a few exceptions, is a bunch of PNW locals that love to put down the guys that really do the gnarly shit. It must be awesome to be so all knowing and spectacular. Put your money where your mouths are. Yeah, I know what you're gonna say about me, and I don't give a shit. But I'll tell you what, as an outside observer listening to y'all slam the big boys, it's truly pathetic. Let the spray begin.

I know, but I hear it so much that sometimes it just seems like some of you guys think your shit totally dosen't stink. I'm sure there's not a person among you that wouldn't like to do some of the stuff the "big name" guys are doing. I'm not saying your're not good climbers either...cause I know a lot of you are. It just bugged me tonight for some reason. Peace.

Well AlpineK start licking baby.....

And trask, you know I agree with you that some of these guys go too far too often...but it is usually in fun.

And as I said before...best climber in the world? Anyone who makes that statement about themselves.....deserves to be sprayed a little.

But no doubt these guys are all great. I also found an Ed Viesters site I had not seen before at www.edviesturs.com.

Not a bad site.

This is RURP:

Mr. Trask writes

"Why don't you guys go climb Everest, K2, or some of the other great climbs, before you @#$% down the neck of the people that are." (I use a Big Wall plastic tube myself.)

"Maybe these people are pricks, but at least they're out doing it. All I see here, with a few exceptions, is a bunch of PNW locals that love to put down the guys that really do the gnarly @#$%. It must be awesome to be so all knowing and spectacular. Put your money where your mouths are."

Mr.Trask, since you probably do not know most of the people on this list, or what they have done, then I would say that your comments are weak. Many people are out "doing it" in ways they have no need to publicly display. What would you like?: every gnarly-man to have his own web-site or otherwise report directly to you with his resume before offering an opinion on the subject? By your standards, 20 million American football fans should shut the hell up because they are not out there on the field playing with the brutes. You are starting to sound like Rodchester, but thanks for climbing down from that box of soap. And while you are at it, have a drink with RURP: [big Drink][big Drink]

And we'll give another one to Rodchester because it might help him settle down. [big Drink]

RURP has spoken.

quote:

Originally posted by RURP:
This is RURP:By your standards, 20 million American football fans should shut the hell up because they are not out there on the field playing with the brutes. RURP has spoken.

Climbing, unlike football, is not a spectator sport.

CptCaveman:

"I noticed how you beat your chest about this guy all the time. Good for you. Carlos is rad I am not. But who cares if you know him"

I don't care if I know him why should you? What are you trying to say, that because I listed his web page that I am beating my chest? [laf][laf]

Come on Cavie don't put your dick out and not expect it to get stepped on. That was too easy. Come on guys......

Boy that is funny. I hope you are not serious. [laf]

Alpine K:

"I think he hangs out with Rod cause every time Rod sees him he starts fawning over him and then there's Rod's knee pads"

Airplane sound here.....

[laf]

Your the one that said "Carlos is a great climber."

I don't recall doing anything other than listing his web site...who's got knee pads on? [laf]

And Trask you better listen to RURP. He claims (yet totally fails to back it up) that he can run the show better than old Lou Whittaker. rolleyes.gif" border="0

But he is too busy out there actually doing it [laf][laf]

AlpineK:

Again, you are the one that said "Carlos is a great climber."

I said he is a friend, and you know what, he is. Do you have a problem with having friends? You ought to try it some time.

Are you that insecure that when someone says they have a friend you have to rip on them for having a friend? Do you slam those on this cite that climb with or have beers with F.Becky? (gee do you think anyone can see through you here?)

Do you give head to your friends or something? Don't assume because you like to suck your friend's dick that others here do.

I have many friends. This friend happens to have a very cool site about climbing. Since this is a climbing board I shared the site with others on the site. You, reeking of penis envy, simply attack.

[laf][laf]