Farside or Dropzone

kevbone

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't you focus you pictures better JH? I thought you were a war photog or sumpin? :lmao:

Jim as lad in training:

smoking_drinking_infant.jpg

Jim now a couple hundred feet up on the Gingerbread Shortcut:

Jim_at_the_start_of_The_Gingerbread_Shortcut.jpg

I think the quote may have been, "Any chance you assholes can get that rope over to me"? Current gift idea may involve replacement of that old blue daisy chain thing there.

You guys can call it what you like, it will always be DZ to me. But it's better Jim doesn't get on the Internet. Supertopo alone is a hotbed of nephilum, reptilians, aliens, and cult Christians - he'd be so busy posting he'd never climb again.

agreed, which one are you ? :)

Maybe a vote by all the people that developed the place might be the answer? Make a list and ask each one. I wouldn't be one of them, and was just flipping ya shit Kevbone.

jim, stewart and markd can iron this crap out no, internet, no drama, no problem :) what was the point behind this thread??? im curious???

Maybe a vote by all the people that developed the place might be the answer? Make a list and ask each one. I wouldn't be one of them, and was just flipping ya shit Kevbone.

jim, stewart and markd can iron this crap out no, internet, no drama, no problem :) what was the point behind this thread??? im curious???

Pink, you should know more than anyone, since you know Boner so well... He seems to have a need for spray. Perhaps family life has driven him to seek a thrill in life that he once savored back in the good ole days? The spray drama must give him a shot of adrenaline and also boosts his ego to know that he has xxxxx posts. I've not run any statistical data formulas, but I'm pretty sure Boner is the whipping post of CC.com, by far. Why does he need/desire this drama here? It is not so much as what to name the bro-brah fardropzone, it's more about how one can stir the pot to bring the most attention and drive the post count higher. Again, just a hypothesis... :wave:

Pink, you should know more than anyone, since you know Boner so well... He seems to have a need for spray. Perhaps family life has driven him to seek a thrill in life that he once savored back in the good ole days? The spray drama must give him a shot of adrenaline and also boosts his ego to know that he has xxxxx posts. I've not run any statistical data formulas, but I'm pretty sure Boner is the whipping post of CC.com, by far. Why does he need/desire this drama here? It is not so much as what to name the bro-brah fardropzone, it's more about how one can stir the pot to bring the most attention and drive the post count higher. Again, just a hypothesis... :wave:

In fact, this just shows how spray has finally gotten to the "bottom of the barrel" for Boner. Come on, can't you find some real drama over at Bacon Rock? Hassle JH on his ethics? No more over-sized booties? Still waiting on the new Van Halen vid? New material is hard to find at xxxxx counts, the pressure must be killing him...

It has come time to decide on a name. Should we call it what the original developers called it or the second wave developers re-named it?

So you know Bone, Jim went around and kindly asked every single person who was climbing out there what they thought of the name Farside. Jim. Not anyone else. That a few folks weren't out there at the time and missed this is not unusual, yet it doesn't change the fact that the 10-20 or so folks he did ask were all encouraging and good with it, even if Jim had to convince a few of us with some extra words and debate. As far as your false contention of him being a "second wave developer", that is a double slam. He didn't come second to anyone and he's not a "developer", that some bullshit title that doesn't apply. He's a "climber". That he might have rolled some loose rocks off a route before climbing it still only makes him a "climber". These routes were there a long time before Jim was even born. He climbed it first, sure, but developers build housing tracts and that was not done in this case. As far as I know, Jim has never built a house or a housing tract. Hopefully that clears that stupid bullshit up for you.

Since YOU seem so dead set on driving this rickety old bus down this dirt road towards the cliff, perhaps you can lay out how many routes you have put up out there? What is your personal "investment". How many trail days do you have? How many cleaning days do you have? How many routes you have put up, or are planing on putting up? How much time and effort have you personally put in there? Give us the numbers on why you seem to appear so self-entitled and self-important to be able to turn the world upside down and effect this change to make yourself happy - etc etc. Why you feel you get to make this name change decision for the rest of us? I was out there yesterday with Chad in the rain and didn't see you anywhere. If you are speaking for others, I'd suggest that you let them speak for themselves, and as Pink says, keep it off the internet.

For myself, I don't really care what it's called. Seriously. But Jim does and in my world view, it's his to decide and choose. I'm honored that he asked my opinion first, but touch base with Jim and everyone else involved - figure it out, then get back and tell us all what you have all decided. I can give you Jims phone number as you appear to need it. Like Andrew says, you are not doing anything by braying about it on the internet. If you truly want to effect change, make the call.

Here is a gift for you, I'd suggest you chant this to yourself in your spare time, perhaps a new mantra might be personally helpful for you:

"God, grant me the serenity

To accept the things I cannot change;

Courage to change the things I can;

And wisdom to know the difference. "

I'm not joking and do not mean to offer that as any kind of a put down. It's a good verse, keep it tucked away in your mind and hopefully it can be of help for you in your day to day life. Let me know if I can help you out any further.

Why you feel you get to make this name change decision for the rest of us?

It already had a name. Then Jim changed it. What gives him the right? What gives any of us the right?

Honestly, I do like the idea of calling it Drop Zone/ Farside in Tim's new book. That way everyone gets a piece of the action.

Bill. Jim and I have spoken on this issue a couple of times. I know where he stands. I just happen to disagree. OMG....did I just say out loud that I disagree with Jim.....am I going to burn in hell now?

Why you feel you get to make this name change decision for the rest of us?

It already had a name. Then Jim changed it. What gives him the right? What gives any of us the right?

Honestly, I do like the idea of calling it Drop Zone/ Farside in Tim's new book. That way everyone gets a piece of the action.

Bill. Jim and I have spoken on this issue a couple of times. I know where he stands. I just happen to disagree. OMG....did I just say out loud that I disagree with Jim.....am I going to burn in hell now?

Who really cares? Really?? Just call it whatever the hell you want to call it and let others do the same. Over time, a name will either stick, or it won't. I don't see any crisis here in the first place.

I don't see any crisis here in the first place.

You need to be reading timetravelers posts then.....he's having his own lil crisis up there - jus sayin' is all. As Kevin has already discussed this with Jim, I suppose from Kevin's perspective, this must feel much like when, as a young pre-teen, your parents say "no".....so you start running around trying to pitch your case to everyone else.

"God, grant me the serenity

To accept the things I cannot change;

Courage to change the things I can;

And wisdom to know the difference. " .............

What about the fact there is already a Farside in WA that pre-dates DZ/FS? Seems a little crazy to have two crags named the same in the same state which would then need to be annotated Farside North or Farside South. And that sort of annotation is usually reserved for different cliffs at the same crag. Pretty confusing when you start talking about NW or WA state guides or lists.