Farside or Dropzone

kevbone

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish i could have bet that when this thread started all YOU would wet your panty's and get your sphincter so tight you would be clenched like vice for days. Lighten up. Have a beer. Go Sking. Go Climbing. Stop letting spray get you down.

yup, that's been me the whole time! :lmao:

sure does seem the right time to figure out that whole skiing thing...

but yet ur the second post :lmao:

ivan ur the best at being mediocre, and i admire this... which makes u the best at sucking ASS :)

I wish i could have bet that when this thread started all YOU would wet your panty's and get your sphincter so tight you would be clenched like vice for days. Lighten up. Have a beer. Go Sking. Go Climbing. Stop letting spray get you down.

ivan ur the best at being mediocre, and i admire this... which makes u the best at sucking ASS :)

which...

Damn, I thought I was gonna get the mediocrity badge! Ivan was destined for the eccentric nut badge, but he needs lots of money before he can be an official eccentric... Still a mediocre nut job, though...

.....and for the record, i threw in like 12 bolts on 6 routes precisely to keep my routes PG. most are 5.10, and the bolts protect the 5.10 parts. maybe some day bill will retro his own routes to keep them PG....or allow someone else to do the bolting...they're his routes, he can do what he wants with them....

37 routes 6 bolts and probably as many fixed pitons here. I agree your routes are not overbolted Bryan. There are not any overbolted lines out there. Hopefully no one bolts the the shit out of any of the toprope climbs, but if anyone wants to put some in any of the routes I did have at it. Like to see it be a group decision, talked over first by those who are climbing at the place. Certainly when I was watching the 240 lb Ivan run out Sweet Fucker clipped to only a knifeblade between him and his maker/the dirt I was thinking that damn pin should be a bolt. Just because I haven't gotten to it doesn't mean it shouldn't happen. I think Jim just doesn't want the place to turn into a rock gym so it can remain a spot where people can go to confront their own fear vs skill and work on climbing and learning to climb on gear routes. Where you CANNOT hang dog with risk and fear, like in real climbing. That it's pretty serious stuff is just the way it is I guess. We are still mulling over putting in a bolt on Snake: that's Kyles call and he's waffling. I wanted to put it in. Bryan and I talked specifically about Boo Coup, I said put it in but haven't done it.

ps, cleaned off Freak Freely yesterday and it looks great. It was slick out and I couldn't quite reach over to the next route to the right though, so maybe Ryan and/or Jon should clean Ur Babies Daddy, it's an unclimbable blackberry patch.

Looking forward to buying the book Tim! If you get it out before Christmas, you might get a bunch of extra gift sales out of it.

I've failed at being mediocre.

You can continue to strive for mediocrity Dave, but you are top notch on the humor list. Steve is up there too, I almost blew coffee through my nose when I read this one:

Drop Zone sounds like a place you go to pinch one off. :ass:

Which reminds me, I just had my coffee and feel like a grumpy...where is this crag now?

I gotta meet him some day! You guys are a couple of characters:-) :lmao:

:wave:

Yes, mediocrity rocks! I am also a mediocre driver, just ask Ivan and Justin. In trying to reach a cave entrance yesterday, I got us all stuck in 2-3 feet of snow and even with AWD and chains on it was touch and go and thank goodness a big rig came along and gave us a pull. We were out in the Boonies past Trout Lake and evening was setting in so it would have been a long cold 8 mile hike to cell phone reception.

I've failed at being mediocre.

You can continue to strive for mediocrity Dave, but you are top notch on the humor list. Steve is up there too, I almost blew coffee through my nose when I read this one:

Drop Zone sounds like a place you go to pinch one off. :ass:

Which reminds me, I just had my coffee and feel like a grumpy...where is this crag now?

I gotta meet him some day! You guys are a couple of characters:-) :lmao:

:wave:

How was yer date with William Shatner, BTW? :wave:

What about the fact there is already a Farside in WA that pre-dates DZ/FS? Seems a little crazy to have two crags named the same in the same state which would then need to be annotated Farside North or Farside South. And that sort of annotation is usually reserved for different cliffs at the same crag. Pretty confusing when you start talking about NW or WA state guides or lists.

When I used to boat more, I learned that you can never have too many Falls, Canyon or Eagle Creeks. I figure it's the same for cliffs. Without some sort of name you could mix up which crappy little cliff in the Gorge you planned to meet your bro at, but I doubt anyone will end up on the side of I-90 wondering where everyone is.

How was yer date with William Shatner, BTW? :wave:

HUH? Was out by myself yesterday. No one came along. It was super nice once the rain stopped.

Steve, no one could fault you for getting stuck, you had a plow horse (Ivan) and a rope in the car, that's usually all it takes:-)

I'm sorry my feeble attempt at humor is over your head, or maybe under it... You had just posted about drinking yer AM cup of joe and were headed off for the morning constitutional. I was just wondering if everything came out alright??? IE, a date w William S... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
i can't believe that i actually sat and read all five pages of this recockulous thread... there's five minutes of my life i can never have back :anger:

What are you talking about? This is the best thread ever. We should have the moderators lock this so it can be preserved, that way when regrets surface people can look back on this as to why…..

• 2 years later...

Still the greatest thread of all time. Life long friendships were ended over this thread!!! Can you believe it. When Tim Olsen called me and asked me directly what do we want to call this crag....I originally gave into pressure and called it The Far Side....I regret that now and should have stuck to my guns and called it The Drop Zone...which is its original name given by the original developers who found this place without the help of Jim or Dave Dick. Too bad Andrew (Pink) had to have an ego about this place....a place he has yet to visit. Oh well....you learn and you live.

Greatest thread of all time.

Here here to the Drop Zone!!!!!