Henry Rollins, John Long, Captain Caveman

Charlie

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All he tells me is how to climb a crack I already know how to climb. That's why he's coach. Uh he told me a story about how he impressed his Dad by throwing a beer bottle in the air and then throwing another beer bottle at the first beer bottle and breaking it. But now I've repeated his story, oh oh. [laf][laf]

quote:

Originally posted by specialed:
Ubiqitous head band. Sweatshirt with arms and neck cut off. knee socks. Looks like John Long. All around 80's style.

No shit --- still there eh? Last time I ran into him at the UW wall he was regaling some climber visiting from South Africa with tales of the connections between Steve Largent, the CIA, and the Cali Cartel or something.

Yipes! shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by JayB:

No shit --- still there eh? Last time I ran into him at the UW wall he was regaling some climber visiting from South Africa with tales of the connections between Steve Largent, the CIA, and the Cali Cartel or something.

Yipes!
shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0

Sounds like Cleeshtefeeshter?

quote:

Ubiqitous head band. Sweatshirt with arms and neck cut off. knee socks. Looks like John Long. All around 80's style.

that's him, the guy i'm talking about. i friend of mine was bouldering there and this "coach" dude told somebody else that my friend was a private eye hired to spy on coach because of some hit and run lawsuit.

quote:

Originally posted by gregm:

that's him, the guy i'm talking about. i friend of mine was bouldering there and this "coach" dude told somebody else that my friend was a private eye hired to spy on coach because of some hit and run lawsuit.

Sweet Mother of God.... shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0

quote:

Let's face it: the guy is a genius! I've climbed with the guy, and the rumors that he doesn't know where Index is just aren't true. He'll talk your ear off, but I think he's a genuinely nice guy, and very entertaining (if you're driving back from Leavenworth, you won't need a radio in the car).

[ 02-15-2002: Message edited by: pope ]

quote:

Originally posted by pope:

Let's face it: the guy is a genius! I've climbed with the guy, and the rumors that he doesn't know where Index is just aren't true. He'll talk your ear off, but I think he's a genuinely nice guy, and very entertaining (if you're driving back from Leavenworth, you won't need a radio in the car).

[ 02-15-2002: Message edited by: pope ]

teeth ground down to cocaine nubbins

And by the way? Is Caveman a punk rock hero? Has Caveman climbed the Nose in a day or written lots of cool instructional books? Could Caveman do an "El Cap Day" at the rock? Have Henry, Largo or Coach posted more than 3000 times to this site? I think not. You guys are way off.

quote:

Originally posted by Dave Schuldt:
Saw Coach today- he is really fat. Talking shit about how we never really landed on the moon and other conspiricies.

But you've got to admit that the guy is both articulate and entertaining. You might want to spend more time around him. [big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][Moon]

quote:

Originally posted by JayB:

Yipes!
shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0

I wasn't making something up to slight the guy - that conversation really happened. For an hour. He didn't seem like a bad guy at all - just very eccentric. I think that even his closest friends would admit that.