[TR] Guye Peak - West Face 11/9/2010

summitchaserCJB

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? After all the breaks we've tried to cut you and you post THAT?! Four minutes of scraping powder off of rocks with ice tools? You really don't get it do you? Please, have some humility and tell us that you were just trying to be funny (pssst...I'm giving you an out--for the love of god, TAKE IT!).

Although, then again, you do appear to be learning: for once you're not claiming a first ascent. :grin:

The trees in the background, when oriented correctly, would suggest this climb (?) wasn't particularly gnarly (not, of course, that it needs to be).

Guye.jpg

CJB, you crack me up man! You're suck a dork, but then so are most of the posers on cc.com (myself included), so it's all good!

I respect that he's out foolin around,
Agreed.

Real climbers climb whatever they can, whenever they can.
again, agree.

Posting practice videos though...... :rolleyes:

Kind of Uncle Ricco'esque IMHO..........

Maybe humor us with your point Summitchaser? are you looking for kudos, cheers, respect, shit flipping, attention regardless of type? I just don't get it. My lack of understanding does not come from an ignorance of technology.

Nah, don't stop.

Steves right we don't have to watch them.

Maybe I am pissed (not really pissed, just shit flipping) because you have bigger nuts than I do. I make videos of climbs. It is fun. I share them with friends.Maybe I just don't want the exposure of throwing them out there.

I don't know, your are the psych graduate, help me out.

I am out getting what I can when I can, as a somewhat new father that is less than it has been in the past, but I am getting some. I manage almost every other weekend. I have just kind of stopped spraying about it so much.

Maybe I am just getting old and my ego is starting to simmer down. Maybe I am finding some humility in life and starting to listen and watch instead of puff up and strut.

Someone on here has a great signature line it goes something like "it is hard to learn(listen?) while you are talking" or something along those lines. Yet hear I am typing more on this site than I have in months.

Anyway, keep posting your videos with the understanding that yeah, you are probably going to get shit. Yeah people don't have to watch them. And yeah you don't HAVE to post them.

No hard feelings Summit, just roll with it.

Absolutely nothing, like the video, like climbing in general.

absolutely..it (climbing,making videos,etc.) are about nothing when it is all said and done. So why take any of it so seriously? The comments, the video, the back and forth about bolting ethics in other threads, the Raindawgs, the Josephs the Summitchasers the Josh Lewis's, the Tysong's it is all a big excercise in gumflap jaw-knifing.

I fell into it when I first found this site. I posted some TR's, I got some compliments from people I had heard about and thought were cool. I started typing alot before thinking about what I was posting. I ended up spraying shit about a friend (in a non intentional way) and I ended up pissing some people off. I hid behind a fake user name and thought I was pretty cool. I ended up abandoning that profile and switched to my real name. I started just kind of lurking the site and resisting the urge to just post up whatever hit my brain before the self censor chip kicked in. I regretfully broke that good streak tonight and did so in someones TR. I envy those with more self control than I.

I apologize Summit and I am in no way trying to "humble" you.

Like Gene said it is all about nothing so I will reserve my comments and consider this fact before criticizing or posting again.

Cheers and keep climbing,

Tyson