• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
RokIzGud

Cassin X Ice

Does anyone have any information on Cassin's X Ice tools or know of any online reviews or threads? Anything would be helpful, I just can't find any info on them... Thanks!

I climbed on the X-ice's one night just to try them out. They are not far removed from the Camp Awax, which I like. Call Prolite Gear in Bozeman at 1-406-582-0508 and ask for Brad, he climbed on them all last season and could give you a more comprehensive review.

Rok, did you ever get a chance to swing these or find anything more on them?

I too am interested in them. Ive got the Awaxes- which I love, and it looks like all the little complaints I have about them have been fixed with these new Xices.

Edited by mtnkid85

No I haven't. I have a brand new pair of them and im not sure if ill get to use them, if your interested in buying them let me know...

I was out on some ice last week with EastCoastBastard and we ran into one of the local Camp-sponsored athletes. He had a pair of X-ices with him.

I took a couple swings and they felt nice, very balanced, similar to the old Quark. I remarked that I didn't like how small the pommel/hand support was at the bottom of the shaft and he informed me that it was a common complaint and that a new modular grip (in addition to the 3 that are on the market now) will be coming out next year with a full pommel, much like on the current Cobra or Viper. He also had a prototype pick on the axe called the "All-Mountain" which he raved about (and said he didn't like the current pick offerings very much) and thought it should be in the US by next year as well.

Hope this helps.