Cassin X Ice

RokIzGud

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Rok, did you ever get a chance to swing these or find anything more on them?

I too am interested in them. Ive got the Awaxes- which I love, and it looks like all the little complaints I have about them have been fixed with these new Xices.

Edited by mtnkid85

I was out on some ice last week with EastCoastBastard and we ran into one of the local Camp-sponsored athletes. He had a pair of X-ices with him.

I took a couple swings and they felt nice, very balanced, similar to the old Quark. I remarked that I didn't like how small the pommel/hand support was at the bottom of the shaft and he informed me that it was a common complaint and that a new modular grip (in addition to the 3 that are on the market now) will be coming out next year with a full pommel, much like on the current Cobra or Viper. He also had a prototype pick on the axe called the "All-Mountain" which he raved about (and said he didn't like the current pick offerings very much) and thought it should be in the US by next year as well.

Hope this helps.