Smith Rock Rescue Saturday

sean_beanntan

how do you walk off superslab w/o having to pull a silly hard (though short) move up that steeepe step above the rap anchor?

I don't know anyone that walks off Superslab. It's not considered a walk off.

Not true. I have walked off it many times. You climb left down into the gully behind it. then up and off. Maybe a 5.3 move at best. Super easy.

interesting and most improbable at first glance - have to look for that next time i'm up there - always thought superslab would be a great easy solo, but too much of a pain in the ass to bring a rope for the rap

walking off monkey face is a wee bit tough :P

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting and most improbable at first glance - have to look for that next time i'm up there - always thought superslab would be a great easy solo, but too much of a pain in the ass to bring a rope for the rap

It's a way more enjoyable way to reach the west side than slogging up Misery Ridge. Out of the I-don't-know-how-many-times I've climbed Super Slab...I think I've done that double-rope rap maybe three times. Pain in the ass to haul up an extra rope just for that rap anyway...

Just drop into the gully on the left after the top-out and climb up the groove. Hike to the trail.

how do you walk off superslab w/o having to pull a silly hard (though short) move up that steeepe step above the rap anchor?

I don't know anyone that walks off Superslab. It's not considered a walk off.

Not true. I have walked off it many times. You climb left down into the gully behind it. then up and off. Maybe a 5.3 move at best. Super easy.

walking off monkey face is a wee bit tough :P

the climb off isn't bad as long as it isn't wet or u can use the rap station that is just up hill from the superslab top out bout 100' or so and rap with single rope into the gully, i did this w/lost cam as night was a falling on us and the dwnclb into gully was super snotty slick

• 4 weeks later...
Perchance these are the same fellas? They tried to rap the old chute but only after it was too late realized they're rope only reached a quarter of the way down! This left them stranded precariously on an ice face, with nothing left to do except brown stain their brand new mountaineering skivvies! 5227520373_e471fa2aaf_z.jpg

IMG_2376 by

that is some of the funniest shit ever!