Book help needed

rmncwrtr

That is BS!

If IsolationedSnow (Summitchaser) doesn't want to read your posts or answer questions then he does not have to, but I know there are plenty of people here who have and are willing to help.

You have been gracious enough to give back by being willing to support the Mountain Rescue Calendar cause and you have always been appreciative and unobnoxious in your requests for information.

The same can not be said for IsolationedSnow in either regard.

Keep asking questions at will and do not apologize for doing so.

Just my unsolicited opinion.

Tyson

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is BS!

If IsolationedSnow (Summitchaser) doesn't want to read your posts or answer questions then he does not have to, but I know there are plenty of people here who have and are willing to help.

You have been gracious enough to give back by being willing to support the Mountain Rescue Calendar cause and you have always been appreciative and unobnoxious in your requests for information.

The same can not be said for IsolationedSnow in either regard.

Keep asking questions at will and do not apologize for doing so.

Just my unsolicited opinion.

Tyson

+1 Well spoken, Tyson! :tup: :tup:

Whenever I meet you, and that would be too soon, I will, Tough Guy. :rolleyes:

Your "threats" do not intimidate me.

doooood - beware - he might want to cape you! :lmao:

summitchaser, please to post a picture of your full-size noggin so we can put some sch-weeeeeeeet prose below it, as you desire! :)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Oh man, I just snotted red wine out my nose over that! Too funny!

shouldn't you be posting in a klenke thread right now!?!

for meself, the 7 yr old daughter's having a sleep-over bday party w/ 8 similiarly aged screaming girls right now so i'm settling into my rack of jubeale and givin gup all hope right about now :grin:

Not a threat. You just strike me as an Internet tough guy. I definitely am not a fighter but if I needed to I could do some damage.

I think this new avatar is broken. It says exactly the same crap as the last one. You should return it.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Oh man, I just snotted red wine out my nose over that! Too funny!

shouldn't you be posting in a klenke thread right now!?!

Hell, no! I got shamed into removing that "sobo update" after his last post.

I don't want to be shunned by the cc.com community... :noway:

• 2 weeks later...

Need some backstory help. Not sure how much of this will make it into the book, but I need to figure out where my hero would have gone if he'd spent a couple years rock climbing and not really doing anything else (wealthy family so assuming money wouldn't have been an issue). I'm guessing he would have spent time in Yosemite. Joshua Tree, too? Anywhere else? Thanks.

Forgot - not sure if it's possible, but could he have learned some technical rigging skills during this time? That would come in very handy storyline wise.

Edited by rmncwrtr

You can road trip for a couple of years without being wealthy! In that sort of time you can hit Tuolumne and the eastern Sierra, Tetons, Boulder Canyon, Wind Rivers, City of Rocks, South Platte/Turkey Rocks, Devil's Tower, Vedauwoo, Eldorado Canyon, Lumpy Ridge, the Valley, Red Rocks, JTree, Indian Creek and desert towers in southern Utah, Zion, the North Cascades, Squamish, Oak Creek Canyon and Cochise Stronghold in Arizona, Hueco Tanks, the Organ Mtns in New Mexico, etc etc.

If you need your character to economize, there are some great threads on dirt-bagging here somewhere in the archive.

Don't think Willstrickland is dirt-bagging it any more, but he seemed to be a wealth of info on the topic.

The only one of his pointers I can remember is something about all Taco Bell (?) franchises having locking restrooms, thus permitting you to use the sink and paper towels for bathing purposes without alarming other patrons, or paying for a shower.

Not sure if you'll have your character going down that path - but the info's there if you need it.

Typically circus rigging is more nautical than what climbers use. Also I have some friends who are circus performers and it’s not an outdoorsy crowd. Make him a NOLS dude. Cavers are familiar with rescue rigging if they are a trip leader since they need to show some sort of credential to a ranger to get the key to a vertical cave. Or he could be a canyoneer since there is also an emphasis on small party rescue. But if hes hanging around all the cool climbing spots then I'm sure he would know a few tricks.

Edited by Atomic Libido

That is on the northwest side of the hogsback. Elevation is 10,500'

(That is me in the orange coat)

No no no Iain- you were capped early in the first book. It's not logical that you could then later be in the movie. :whistle:

Sorry G-spotter, I killed off Iain in the first book.