Book help needed

rmncwrtr

My books have no sex

Ah, I finally understand why CC.com is so helpful.......

Sex sells in the "romance" business

Actually there are many levels of sensuality in the romance genres and all of them sell. And some books w/o sex are even best sellers.

BTW, I just realized the book out now does have a wedding night scene. First one I've written, and sort of wanted to forget about it. But none of the Mt. Hood books have sex.

So "chummy," anyone care to help me out with that?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, man, I just realized I have a package of those for Chaos, my Elkhound, in the pantry. That will forever be associated with chummy. Especially the smell. I'll see how Dave A's friendly reads.

Thanks!

About to do another mtn. rescue but running out of pages due to house fire I wrote tonight. I think it'll have to be mostly off-scene.

I misplaced my notes, so am going by memory which isn't a good thing right now. I seem to recall a person getting lost on Hood and then finding their way to the road. Does anyone know if I could use that scenario with a snowboarder and a skier? They get lost in white-out, make a shelter, in the morning find their way down to the road. And when they say road do they mean Hwy 26?

Thanks! Almost finished!

Impossible to get to 26 in one day unless they were practically going down the Timberline ski area. Most that get disoriented coming down the south side go too far north and end up heading towards 26, but they never make it because they go down Zig Zag Canyon area or Mississipi head and get cliffed out.

Much easier to get to Hwy 35 via White River Canyon and easy to do in a few hours.

Edited by pcg

Thanks, pcg. :kisss: You're awesome. It didn't have to be 26, just needed a plausible road. hwy 35 will work great. Thank you so very much!

I ran too long with word count so had to change things up in various places, but can't find my notes with the various rescue scenarios I'd worked up to use in stories. My brain goes to mush after a few days writing non-stop! I can't wait to get some sleep!

I misplaced my notes, so am going by memory which isn't a good thing right now. I seem to recall a person getting lost on Hood and then finding their way to the road. Does anyone know if I could use that scenario with a snowboarder and a skier? They get lost in white-out, make a shelter, in the morning find their way down to the road. And when they say road do they mean Hwy 26?

Thanks! Almost finished!

Not as plausible scenario...what would a skier be doing with a snowboarder. How do you explain this one? The shame!

Thanks! Almost finished!

Not as plausible scenario...what would a skier be doing with a snowboarder. How do you explain this one? The shame!

Sometimes you just can't help who you fall in love with. Mixed relationships can work, if both parties are willing to work at it. Compromise helps, as do splitboards :)

Thanks all! I sent it off. I found a few things I wasn't sure about on the final read thru but it was so late I figured no one would be awake to answer my questions.

Revisions will be back by Monday at the latest due to the tight turnaround so I'll be posting more ???s then. Right now sleep and brainstorming are my priorities. They already want to go back to contract since this was the last book I owed them and they asked me to email them some ideas. I need to do that before the revisions arrive. Always something ;)

You all are awesome! :kisss:

-Mel

• 1 year later...

dedication.jpg

Thanks for all the help. It is so appreciated. :kisss: You all :rawk:

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but I'm always behind on stuff like this, including sending out copies to names above. Sorry, guys!

The series just keeps going and going. Looks like two more will be out in 2013, one I'm doing revisions on right now and another I'll write at the end of the year. So I may need more help if anyone is up for it ;)

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...