[TR] Hyggelig - Of Campfires, Serenity, and Fellowship - Chiwakum Creek to Larch Lake and Ladies Pass 11/7/2010

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should cut out most of the staged stuff and just let people mingle.
Dude, that's what regular parties are for. This is the Top 100 party and mingling is NOT what it's all about.

Now that you've finished the Top 100 you don't have to waste your awesomeness at this annual party.

Maybe you can burn that completion T-shirt I gave you as your next firepit experiment then show the video at the I'm-Too-Cool-For-That party, which I am sure you'll be attending, but only once...cuz you're too cool for that too.

i think you took that comment way too harshly, good sir - it was hardly a slam of your party, which no doubt you worked hard to prepare

A pretty dumbass thing to do.

Thanks!

Not impressed or amused.

Sorry to hear that. :(

What are you, in frigging High School? What your video touts is an extremely dangerous practice that could easily result in hurting or killing someone, not to mention burning down the forest. Grow up. If the board moderators have a lick of sense, they’ll remove this video.

OK, first off, there was no way we were going to burn down the forest, even if we had napalm and a flame thrower. It was frigid cold and wet. Nobody was going to get hurt because aside from us, there was nobody within miles. You make it sound as if we walked in to a crowded boy scout camp site in the middle of a dry summer and started lighting things off.

I follow the rules most of the time; I pay my taxes, I even drive the speed limit. :) Every so often it's fun to engage in some calculated childish stupidity. I hadn't laughed so hard in a while, so you'll excuse me if I don't think I committed a heinous crime against the world.

We know that sharing our sometimes different way of doing things can both bring joy and serve as a douche magnet at the same time. The vast majority are in the former category, fortunately - which renews my faith in the human spirit. Didn't realize anyone would go full-douche and try to make it personal, but that's cool.

I didn't do the top 100 for the T-shirt (although I can always use another T shirt), the 8 minutes of fame, or to gain entry into some exclusive club. I did it because I love these mountains and the friends I go into them with.

The Bulger list, and lets face it, any list is really just an arbitrary human construct, simply provided an easy-to-follow framework within which to do that. It took me into some obscure, beautiful areas I might have otherwise overlooked.

BTW, for those of you not familiar with video editing...

It actually takes a canister from 30 to 45 seconds to detonate in a campfire. We edited out most of the wait time so as not to bore the audience - the golden rule of presentations.

ie...not very dangerous when you know what you're doing...

...and much safer than climbing.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...