[TR] Hyggelig - Of Campfires, Serenity, and Fellowship - Chiwakum Creek to Larch Lake and Ladies Pass 11/7/2010

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked for ya last night at the party but you must have left after the presentations. Was laughing my ass off when you played this video! The best moment was when some old dude said "Is it gonna be 8 mins of this?" when the video started with just a tame campfire....little did he know! Hit me up if you need a buddy to hit the mtns this winter...perhaps some backcountry skiing?!?!?!

Looked for ya last night at the party but you must have left after the presentations. Was laughing my ass off when you played this video! The best moment was when some old dude said "Is it gonna be 8 mins of this?" when the video started with just a tame campfire....little did he know! Hit me up if you need a buddy to hit the mtns this winter...perhaps some backcountry skiing?!?!?!

You're on, buddy. I didn't see anyone I know...too damn crowded! I'm not much of a crowd guy....

Jason, would have been nice to meet, but alas, it was quite crowded there last night. The late arrival was my fault as I held up our departure by getting stuck in traffic down past Renton. :( Unable to see any of the presentations I had to resort to hanging around the desert and booze tables. :)

And Ivan, i think he championed these shenanigans more than I did!

Edited by JoshK

A pretty dumbass thing to do. Not impressed or amused. What are you, in frigging High School? What your video touts is an extremely dangerous practice that could easily result in hurting or killing someone, not to mention burning down the forest. Grow up. If the board moderators have a lick of sense, they’ll remove this video.

They should cut out most of the staged stuff and just let people mingle.
Dude, that's what regular parties are for. This is the Top 100 party and mingling is NOT what it's all about.

Now that you've finished the Top 100 you don't have to waste your awesomeness at this annual party.

Maybe you can burn that completion T-shirt I gave you as your next firepit experiment then show the video at the I'm-Too-Cool-For-That party, which I am sure you'll be attending, but only once...cuz you're too cool for that too.

Wow. My wanting to just catch up with some old friends (and not being able to) at the party must have really touched a nerve. Very petty response. I'm guessing you were part of the party planning committee.

I didn't realize that mingling was frowned upon at certain kinds of parties. I kinda thought re-connecting with friends was the point of any party. Hey, it's your show, man. Now I know!

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Nice work on finishing the list after 25 years!

Seriously, that was some funny stuff. I don't think the Bulgers knew what hit them . . I was especially wondering what guys like Joe Firey and Dee Molenaar were thinking through the movies. I know Fred was into it, I think the explosions woke him up.

I will add you to our heshing contact list, I think you may be able to teach us a thing or two. I was looking for you after the presentations but, alas, you had already split.

Fun stuff. Dangerous in general, but no one was disturbed and it seemed safe enough given the circumstances, and I'm all for that. Of course I'm partial to explosions and such and was fortunate enough to have grown up in the pre-terrorist era when boys that made bombs were just considered to be boys.

Many years ago I attended a high power amateur rocket launch in the desert of central Oregon. Everything was legit and cleard through FAA, but the day before the event a few fellows scheduled a non-publicized off-the-record special event. Everyone that had anything explosive they wanted to get rid of was invited to bring it for "disposal". The collection included multiple sticks of dynamite, kinepak, old cans of black powder, and other stuff I was not familiar with.

A bulldozer was used to dig a hole and bury it all I'm guessing 1/2 mile from the launch area. There was a countdown and instantly a large brown mushroom cloud rose from the desert floor - no sound.

A few seconds later I felt what can best be described as being hit in the chest hard with a sofa cushion. I don't remember the sound, but I remember it was all glorious.

Edited by pcg

Both Josh and I are a bit crowd averse (hence our camping ethics, i guess), and that place was packed like a slaver, so we didn't stay long. I would have liked to catch up with all the folks who were there and meet Jason and others who I've had the pleasure of chatting with here, too. I did scan the audience but didn't seem to see anyone I knew save a handful - apparently there were a bunch more tucked in there.

Apparently I'm the FIRST Bulger finisher to be officially and immediately stripped of club membership by the Grand Poobah of Dumpster Diving himself (do I get another T-shirt?) due to my minor suggestion regarding the rather adequate duration and blistering pace of the presentation portion. - rockin' it Boeing style, baby! I cannot believe Fred fell asleep during it.

I'll just have to catch up with you in the mountains I guess.

For the record, I do like the T shirt.

A pretty dumbass thing to do. Not impressed or amused. What are you, in frigging High School? What your video touts is an extremely dangerous practice that could easily result in hurting or killing someone, not to mention burning down the forest. Grow up. If the board moderators have a lick of sense, they’ll remove this video.

Waaah! make them stop it Mr Moderator. My delicate middle class PC sensibilities are offended