Trash

luvshaker

For Raindog, 5.10 5.4 trad is at his limit, for others this is not. They are trying to climb their best and thus ensues sport crags. Stay with your classic trad lines(long approaches) and away from sport crags!

Fixed that. It's when the sportos run over to locations and inappropriately start drilling in places that they are not wanted which is the truly the issue. Raindawg just generally lets his mouth always runs off like so much diarrhea when he sees the word "bolt" which riles everyone. Realistically, we are all fairly close to being on the same page.

with that in mind and for Don- :poke:

bolting clinic humor, Plaidman "strokin' the Dawg" (ie drilling the anchor for Child Abuse, 100 percent gear route):

Scott_Drilling_the_anchor_bolts_on_The_Drop_Zone_resized_smaller.jpg

What the happy trad climber (id protected:-) does on a 300'+ high cliff when there is no cracks within 20 miles:

Happy_bolter_045.jpg

For Don with luv, his namesake, the lil dawg:

lil_dawg_small1.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for me too push myself and accomplish the hardest moves possible on a rope, the placement of bolts is a necessity. They allow for the 'blank' faces to be climbed. This is the natural progression of the sport. For Raindog, 5.10 trad might be your limit, for others this is not. They are trying to climb their best and thus ensues sport crags. Stay with your classic trad lines(long approaches) and away from sport crags!

Push yourself and accomplish the hardest moves possible on a rope...a top-rope. It's less intrusive than a line of bolts and you can climb plenty of "blank faces" safely. That will be the natural progression of the sport when folks start realizing that they can't drill a mess anywhere they choose.

Stay with your classic trad lines(long approaches) and away from sport crags!

Now THAT is funny! :lmao:

TR is for pussies and I totally agree bolting a perfectly protectable crack is for pussies.

Ahem.

first_shots_from_new_small_camera_008.jpg

Ahem.

first_shots_from_new_small_camera_015.jpg

For those not in the know, this is The Bolted Flake at the quarry in Tenino. This route is no longer there as the big flake Jibby is liebacking up fell off a couple years ago, landing right where I always told people not to stand and belay.

AND I then LEAD the route on BOLTS. And Off, it was a good climb, I loved the solpey finish and powerful moves. First lead here as well, those photos are close to 5 years old now too. Psyched to continue to clean more lines, there's a 5.8 somewhere...

AND I then LEAD the route on BOLTS. And Off, it was a good climb, I loved the solpey finish and powerful moves. First lead here as well, those photos are close to 5 years old now too. Psyched to continue to clean more lines, there's a 5.8 somewhere...

Well that flake was 5.8 - for a good 20 feet or so :cry: