Dino Rossi

Hugh Conway

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps b/c half their classes are in trailers packed to the gills for several years now :)

How sad that WEA extortion and administrative waste has depleted education dollars to this degree. Someone ought to do something about it--and soon.

i was being satiric on the trailers honestly - they fucking :rawk: - get fresh air and sunshine/torrential downpour every 55 minutes - administrators don't like getting their fancy shoes muddy hiking all the way out there - and the gentle hum of the hvac makes my desk a womb every planning period! :)

btw, i'd be keen to see your numerical analysis on why my union is the Source of All Evil :)

as an aside, the referendums this week are an enjoyable and insightful glimpse into the derangement of the public mind - rejection of every species of tax, but an overwhelming demand for more expensive service, despite it! :P

perhaps b/c half their classes are in trailers packed to the gills for several years now :)

How sad that WEA extortion and administrative waste has depleted education dollars to this degree. Someone ought to do something about it--and soon.

'extortion' and 'administrative waste' LOL what a moron!

you're certainly a walking billboard for something to be done about the poor state of education

'extortion' and 'administrative waste' LOL what a moron!

you're certainly a walking billboard for something to be done about the poor state of education

:lmao: That's funny, smart guy.

Rollin round, sittin on dubs.

Countin the hours, high on shrubs.

Coolin in my Escalade.

Man I'm paid, I got it made!

Take me to your special place.

Close your eyes,

show me your face...

I'm gonna piss on it!

(chorus)

Haters wanna hate,

Lovers wanna love.

I don't even want

none of the above.

I want to piss on you!

Yes I do

I'll piss on you,

I'll pee on you.

(verse 2)

Since your body, your body...is a Porta-Potty.

And my pee I'd kick...

like it knows Karate (knows Karate, knows Karate)

I'm gonna pee on you

Drip drip drip

pee on you.

girl on you...

pissss on you

pissss on you

And you'll never feel, quite the same,

when you get a whiff of my Hershey stains.

I want to poop on you too...

I want to pee in your food.

Only thing that'll make my life complete

is when I turn your face into a toilet seat.

I want to pee on you

yes I do...

yes I do

I'll pee on you

I'll piss on you...

(chorus)

Haters wanna hate,

Lovers wanna love.

I don't even want

none of the above.

I want to piss on you!

Yes I do

I'll piss on you,

I'll pee on you.

Won't you braid my hair?

Said- Won't you braid my hair...?

Before we star, I'm gonna fart.

I'm gonna fart on you.

btw, i'd be keen to see your numerical analysis on why my union is the Source of All Evil :)

as an aside, the referendums this week are an enjoyable and insightful glimpse into the derangement of the public mind - rejection of every species of tax, but an overwhelming demand for more expensive service, despite it! :P

"Pierce County government workers’ pay rose by nearly one-quarter from 2005 to 2009, far faster than inflation or private wages during the same period.

County workers’ average annual pay grew by more than 23 percent – from $51,038 to $62,866 – during that time, according to a News Tribune analysis of county reports to the state Employment Security Department.

Even as the economy tanked and the county faced a budget crisis, the raises continued. And the raises will come even as the County Council prepares to adopt a budget this week likely to cut services and positions while raising fees.

All county workers got at least a 2.5 percent cost-of-living pay hike this year, and they’re scheduled to get another 2.5 percent raise Jan. 1. Pierce County Executive Pat McCarthy and County Council members are set to get a 3 percent boost. The raises come even as the local Consumer Price Index dropped 0.5 percent between July 1, 2009, and June 30, 2010."

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/11/06/1413647/county-pay-raises-theyre-complicated.html#ixzz14eVbHXS7

More taxes doesn't necessarily translate into more services. Given the incentives at play - it's far more likely to translate into a higher cost structure for the same level of services. At best.

'A sense of fairness – and a reluctance to give unrepresented employees a reason to organize – caused leaders to give nonunion workers the same kinds of raises, Deputy County Executive Kevin Phelps said last week."

The story of consumer capitalism's postwar expansion and 60 years of relative social stability in a nutshell.

Take a look at the balance sheet and primary cost-drivers for most state and local government entities and it's far from clear that increasing tax revenues would mean increasing services.

Given the archaic and completely unreformed mechanisms that drive the unit cost of each public sector employee ever higher every year, its nearly impossible to vote for higher taxes in ways that will be guaranteed to result in more services, since the odds are quite high that the money will be siphoned off into higher pay and benefits for those delivering the services instead of the services themselves.

"Metro drivers' wages threaten bus service

King County Metro officials have raised bus driver pay dramatically while neglecting some promised service increases. Now, the wages threaten to cut into existing service..."

http://crosscut.com/2010/09/29/metro-transit/20199/Metro-drivers--wages-threaten-bus-service/

Here's some helpful info from an insider - sounds like a low-ranking Metro operator - who is responding the union head's talk of finding "every conceivable efficiency":

Bachtel IS a liar. That is hardly a matter of interpretation. He lies in this article, and he's lied elsewhere about other things. The man is flat-out dishonest.

In this particular instance - the one I cited - he claims that he in contract negotiations is looking for "every conceivable efficiency". This is flat out false. A lie. Union leadership specifically is fighting against allowing part-time Operators to work beyond certain limitations that create an artificial demand for overtime. The audit has called for such efficiencies, and the union (past and present) continues to fight for artificial demand for overtime, primarly for more senior full-time bus drivers. To claim that he has assigned people to find "every conceivable inefficiency" is a bald-faced lie. He is interested in keeping at least some aspects of work assignments INEFFICIENT, in order to pad the wages of senior full-time operators even when part-time Operators are willing, available, and capable of filling hours at straight time.

This isn't something that's a matter of opinion or open to interpretation - it's established fact. I'd be happy to cite the specific contract language and audit recommendations (and in fact have done so on my own blog) to back that up if you like.

Regrettably, Bachtel's ineptitude - and dishonesty - cloud the legitimate points that he makes, and harm the entire membership while aiding our opponents in helping turn public opinion against Operators during this vital contract negotiation period."

http://crosscut.com/2010/10/05/metro-transit/20229/Metro-drivers--wages-have-barely-kept-up-with-inflation/

don't know 'bout pierce county, but think i've seen my state-mandated yearly COLA actually get honored 1, maybe 2 years, in the near decade i've taught out here

Um, I don't know how to break this to you Ivan, but in the private sector cost of living increases don't exist.

exactly my point, 8-ball - it's not like we crewel-teachers and our hate-mongering unions have been living higher on the hog then ye of the great unEnlightened :)

so....no private employers ever adjust their pay for COLA or longevity of service you say? :lmao:

don't know 'bout pierce county, but think i've seen my state-mandated yearly COLA actually get honored 1, maybe 2 years, in the near decade i've taught out here

Um, I don't know how to break this to you Ivan, but in the private sector cost of living increases don't exist.

exactly my point, 8-ball - it's not like we crewel-teachers and our hate-mongering unions have been living higher on the hog then ye of the great unEnlightened :)

so....no private employers ever adjust their pay for COLA or longevity of service you say? :lmao:

All wrapped up in the concept of job performance. An idea your WEA pals can't seem to stomach. :lmao:

More right wing think tank froth to bash public employees while the banksters get away with the loot (that Ennis guy is a WPC stooge). Despite the hyperbolas, veteran metro driver pay is ~$57k per year based on a 40 hour week (average driver pay is $50k), which is hardly too much considering the job. A very small % of drivers makes over a 100k due to overtime, which may be a lot, but it'll hardly make a significant difference to reduce the shortfall.

I think that what tweaks people out is to see COLA in place while private folks are getting hours cut or pay reduced in these nasty economic times. That said, the topic is being used to bash public employees in general. I mean Christmas! -- teachers? I know, let's say that kids are the highest priority but stuff 32 of them in a classroom with 10% of those with special needs, pay mediocre salaries, and expect the teachers to swim upsteam against everything from non-functional families to NCLB.

It's going to be interesting (read grim) now that the public has reversed the candy/soda tax (I mean really? Candy and Soda repeal?) and voted down the income tax.

All wrapped up in the concept of job performance. An idea your WEA pals can't seem to stomach. :lmao:

care to elaborate and/or make sense of this? no union is interested in protecting dipshits, and i've personally contributed to the running off of several bad teachers/wannabe teachers in my time. demanding due process and evidence-based verdicts from employers? yeah, sounds pretty unAmerican to me :)