Sure is quiet...

KaskadskyjKozak

Sure is quiet regarding my personal donation, past performance questions...No surprise there.

In the progressive world, money is evil and results mean nothing when you're THAT FAR AHEAD OF YOUR TIME!

wow! check out the super-sized ego!

IN the progressive world, we are egalitarians! get it?

Egalitarian: Progressive-speak for no accountability for actually accomplishing anything. Hence, the smashing success of the progressive agenda.

Real egalitarianism involves ensuring equal rights for, say....all committed couples, regardless of sexual orientation.

But, accordingly to you two gentlemen, that's a 'gay weed' issue that simply doesn't matter.

Some of those millions of couples may beg to differ, however, but that's probably their egos talking.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think Gay Weed is important. That we even need to have a "national discussion" about it shows how debased and archaic the political discourse is in this country. I applaud the people that have worked their ass off to drag us into the mid-20th century and honor those who're freer as a result. Congratulations on your victories, I cannot fucking wait for it to be over. What's after that?

Nobody said that these issues weren't important but if you check out the exit polls you'll see that people are more concerned by other problems, like jobs. You may have something in your life that leads you to work on these issues, and that's fine, but there is also no reason to give a pass to DLC democrats on the issue of jobs or corrupt politics because we all suffer from it.

Well, people are concerned about all kinds of stuff. The economy comes and goes. Civil rights are a longer term issue and, in my view, more central to who are are as a people. Plus, if you're a gay couple trying to adopt, visit each other in intensive care etc, or someone who's sitting in jail for simple pot possession, the job market might not be your most pressing concern.

Effective organizations have to remain focused on their mission. You can only do so much with the people and money you got. Those that try to do everything wind up doing nothing.

apparently even well meaning and least somewhat informed citizens like KK accept such nonsense (I say somewhat informed because, although he may well watch a lot of "fair and balanced" FOX TV, KK at least gets the strait scoop here on cc.com).

Listen, idiot, you don't know me or what I watch, so don't pretend you do.

Don't be too hard on the old guy, KK. In his own mind, at least, he just paid you a compliment. Matt is an unusual brand of arrogance; no doubt about it.

You'll also find out that if your promote egalitarianism in your practice of politics and other issues, you'll be much more likely to reach equal status for gay couples and weed smokers.

Um...you preaching to me about egalitarianism is kind of laughable at this point, considering how little you've done to actually make 'egalitarianism' a reality in any real sense.

I realize that the progressive personality requires a strong sense of righteous elitism, but kindly save any bullshit unsupported by actual results for a more gullible audience.

apparently even well meaning and least somewhat informed citizens like KK accept such nonsense (I say somewhat informed because, although he may well watch a lot of "fair and balanced" FOX TV, KK at least gets the strait scoop here on cc.com).

Don't be too hard on the old guy, KK. In his own mind, at least, he just paid you a compliment. Matt is an unusual brand of arrogance; no doubt about it.

:rocken:

Well, people are concerned about all kinds of stuff. The economy comes and goes. Civil rights are a longer term issue and, in my view, more central to who are are as a people. Plus, if you're a gay couple trying to adopt, visit each other in intensive care etc, or someone who's sitting in jail for simple pot possession, the job market might not be your most pressing concern.

Effective organizations have to remain focused on their mission. You can only do so much with the people and money you got. Those that try to do everything wind up doing nothing.

I didn't say we should all be working on the same issues. I said that there is no reason to not care about other egalitarian issues because they aren't the issues you work on.

I do think Gay Weed is important. That we even need to have a "national discussion" about it shows how debased and archaic the political discourse is in this country. I applaud the people that have worked their ass off to drag us into the mid-20th century and honor those who're freer as a result. Congratulations on your victories, I cannot fucking wait for it to be over. What's after that?

Gay weed's only part of a very broad agenda. You can check our state and national website as well as I can parrot it for you. You can check any of the other 50 state chapters' websites for the same. Every state has different issues. Be my guest.

I didn't say we should all be working on the same issues. I said that there is no reason to not care about other egalitarian issues because they aren't the issues you work on.

You're essentially the same kind of 'assumption junky' tool as FW and KKK, and you practice the same, unimaginative rhetoric crap. Boring.

While poor Southern blacks, fully enfranchised and in full possession of their legal rights, may agree with you, they'd probably want to add something to the conversation. Or is structural poverty a "bootstrap" issue for you once the legal issues have been solved?

You'll also find out that if your promote egalitarianism in your practice of politics and other issues, you'll be much more likely to reach equal status for gay couples and weed smokers.

Um...you preaching to me about egalitarianism is kind of laughable at this point, considering how little you've done to actually make 'egalitarianism' a reality in any real sense.

I realize that the progressive personality requires a strong sense of righteous elitism, but kindly save any bullshit unsupported by actual results for a more gullible audience.

so you disagree with what I said? or you were polishing your crystal ball and didn't notice there was a point to answer?

You're essentially the same kind of 'assumption junky' tool as FW and KKK, and you practice the same, unimaginative rhetoric crap. Boring.

why are you so defensive :)

SO your not being on the egalitarian side of things regarding fair elections is an assumption?

It's a fair fight for the two-wings of the corporate party, but not for anybody else. It's not a question of messaging for Democrats, it's a question of doing. In particular, making sure their constituencies don't pay for this crisis while the banksters get away with the loot.

I largely agree that the Democrats are beholden to the money and the machine just as the Republican party is, but they are not the same and that is why you and I both probably voted for Murray over Rossi. However, I don't agree that is why they got trounced in this election. I think their inability to deliver a coherent message is a real problem for them.

I don't know what you watch. My post made that clear.

The Dems should have advertised their performance (stock market, etc - it was actually pretty good) during a difficult period rather that sit back and take the bullshit attacks.

Now we'll have a bunch of new morons to deal with in the House. There is zero chance, from a mountain of historical data, the Republicans are able to offer a single viable solution to any of the problems this country faces. They can only make things worse...but hey, that is what morons do.

WHAT ABOUT THE GLOBAL WARMING CRISIS! KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BALL!!

Question for you, KK: where DO you get your information?

You didn't say it, exactly, but I think you believe the Republicans are more likely to balance the budget than the Democrats or "fix the economy. Am I right? What about the history of the last 30 years would lead you to this conclusion?

the main reason i don't get my panties in a bunch over how much money folks can spend on poltical advertising is b/c i figure anyone who is actually WATCHING political advertising, and thus prone to some sinister corporate mind-control plot, is already in league w/ the zombie undead - seriously, who fucking reads the junkmail? listens to the little bitches on the phone? watches any tv in the 21st century w/o the instant ability to eradictate commericials?

Schumer, Kerry, and Lieberman crafted a comprehensive climate change bill that would have been a game changer, but it fell off of Obama's agenda due to multiple back stabbings by Rfucks who pledged to support it, most notably John McCain.

Article in the New Yorker several issues ago. Google it yourself.

Another chance for climate reform won't come for a long, long time. It's already too late, so who the fuck cares, right?

Of course, progressives would instantly poo-poo any such nonsense, cuz, you know, Lieberman voted for the war and all.

Stay pure!

The Dems should have advertised their performance (stock market, etc - it was actually pretty good) during a difficult period rather that sit back and take the bullshit attacks.

"well, there is no prospect of the job market improving for years and you are on your own, but the stock market is doing real good"

TVash is coming up with a narrative to increase the popular vote LOLZ