I'm freeing city park

RuMR

I should mention that nobody should take my advice on anything aid climbing related, I'm really bad at it and only use when I get shut down on free routes.

That said, when I fall ( seems to be the norm) and have to aid up a pitch to get my kit back, I like to rig up something like this. If the daisy whipper was a real worry you could put a screamer into this system where the daisy connects to the aider(?) Or if I'm in a real hurry, I'll skip the daisy entirely and treat the aiders like climbing holds. Sort of like dry tooling with and aider attached to the bottom of your tools, if you let go of the grab loop you fall back onto the rope just like a normal leader fall. Again, this is probably not going to work for hard aid, but I find it fast when on splitter cracks like City Park.

[img:center]http://www.climbing.com/print/techtips/ttaid219-01.gif[/img]

Edited by eldiente

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, Eric used to make fun of me! Almost went and worked with him in Truckee doing ski grooming 5 years ago. I always got made fun of on climbing sites... never really cared that much. I was just some teenager posting a bunch of stupid stuff! I'd like to think I listened to better music that summitchaser though!