I'm freeing city park

RuMR

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks malcom. What the video doesn't show is that I stopped doing that near the end of the climb. The gear down lower was like free-climbing gear-freakin bomber. Up higher it was more like typical aid gear, purple alien, 0 metolius, micro nuts, so I started to use actual aid techniques. Thanks for the input.

typical aid gear? hahahahaha you can throw nuts at it from 15 feet away and they'll stick...hahahaha

stop whining to the mods to help make you look like less of a idiot, just have a tiny bit of modesty and don't look like a d-bag in the first place. I've talked to Mark about you and he says your an alright guy but it's really hard for me to tell from the ignorant bullshit you post on here. come on man! get a clue!

How nice that cc.com is now edited... who's cock did you have to suck to get what others said deemed spray? Puget... hope it was good!

Was wondering the same thing myself.

The blabbering drool of this little shit isn't spray but my suggestion that he learn something before he kills himself or worse yet one of his partners is considered out of line now?

I would have agreed with shipping this train wreck of a thread off to spray but selectively editing out comments that don't show our young padawan in a favorable light is bullshit.

Fucking weak. :tdown:

If this had been a TR, where someone genuinely wanted to share their recent experience, I'd understand the selective editing.

But this thing was a joke from the get-go..."I'm freeing city park," and then a 10 minute video of him aiding it.

He got exactly what he came for. Edits not necessary.

N

I'm going to disagree with the group on your aid climbing skills. On easy C1 aid it isn't unsafe/wrong to clip the rope without bounce testing. I mean when's the last time you bounce tested gear while free climbing? Good gear doesn't often fail and even if it does, theres so much gear below the fall will be mellow. Being bad at aid, I like to pretend I'm free climbing. Put 4-6 pieces of gear on each aider and use them like moveable jugs for your hands. Every 10' feet stop and leave a piece of gear behind.

Edited by eldiente

Ahh this whole thing should be in spray why only part of it?

I see it this way a guy is psyched about climbing and posts a video. Sure it may not be to everyones taste but it doesn't deserve the harsh reception it got. At the start there were several good posts on aiding technique and a link to a good resource. I figured why move those to spray. In any event why move the original post to spray? Many of the replies were in bad taste; the original post was not.

I'm going to disagree with the group on your aid climbing skills. On easy C1 aid it isn't unsafe/wrong to clip the rope without bounce testing. I mean when's the last time you bounce tested gear while free climbing? Good gear doesn't often fail and even if it does, theres so much gear below the fall will be mellow.

What you are telling him to do is dangerous, if a piece does fail and your daisy chain is attached to the last piece, you are taking a daisy chain fall. Taking a daisy chain fall is not fun... Trust me! You can break/ruin a cam, bruise your kidneys, and all other sorts of not fun stuff. One of the main ideas of how you clip the rope in while aid climbing is based on avoiding the daisy chain fall. Sure it's unlikely to happen on city park, but still possible. I'm sure he will do more aid where this becomes more important.