must have been good?

Dru

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a lot of fun to meet the people behind the posts. I'm new to town and to date have only lurked on this board. The pub club is a good group of people. My assessment is they like beer as much as they like climbing.

Jules, I'm a little tired too. I don't think I need another beer for a few days...

Eddie - thanks again for the ride.

I encourage other lurkers (or anonymous posters) to come out and join us next Tuesday.

Yep, grand time had by all, It is truly cool to meet more of the folks off this site,

thanks erik for the Bouldering Beta for near Bridge Creek, it will help is setting up the tick list for the Fall Megafest.

Pope, great to get to meet you in the flesh and it's is always an honor to be in the midst of the Dwayner!!!

Who's hosting the next one?

I'm trying not to be the guy pushing an alcoholic agenda on all us Cascade Climbers, but I think it's a common sentiment-

Where were the other 1000+ posters ?

Is anybody out there??

I know a lot of you are more distant and can't make the local Pubfests so you are all excused, the rest of you, whassup??

I missed the shin-dig...

So Pope and Dwayner really aren't the same person? They were BOTH there? in the flesh?! Do we have pictures to post for proof? Erik?...

WOW! Must have been good - there's only about 8 of us logged on here this morning!

[This message has been edited by Jman (edited 08-15-2001).]

Hey Mr. Dru! I sent an unemployed actor to represent myself at that pub-thang in Tacoma last night cuz I had other things going on. pope apparently tried to do the same thing but his substitute flaked out on him. Around 8 PM, my actor called me on a cell phone and asked for more money because he felt he couldn't "continue the lie" and that some of the sport-climbing talk was causing him mental anguish. It took me a while but I was able to round up some matching clothes and we arranged to trade places in a clever passing maneuver involving a large wooden pillar. (Ehmmic: this was around the time I used Jules' Blistex as underarm deodorant because I had just run to The Swiss from my house.) Anyway, I changed the direction of the conversation constantly to avoid detection via vestiges of comments made by the actor and threw in the occasional exaggerated facial and hand gesture as I had taught the actor. Too bad I ran short of money because I would have hired an actress to pretend she was Donna Top-Step because at least one individual at the pub was still insisting she's fake! ya should have been there, amigo, because everyone was in FINE FORM, including pope, who I assume was wearing Pull-Ups and was on his best behavior with no sleeping bags in sight!

- Dwayner.....that's just my side of the story. And many thanks to Beck, who like Cher, Prince, and many other celebrities, has but one name, and is indeed a genuine celebrity and excellent host in my book! And thanks for the groovin' nachos, my righteous alpine brother!!!

What the..... ???? I wondered why the Blistex I had come to know and love tasted funny. And now that pope and Dwayner have fessed up that they are indeed two separate people, Donna should join the truth-party and show up at the next pub club. Donna?

"Sit down before fact like a little child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or you shall learn nothing." -Thomas Henry Huxley