sleeping bags

erik

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I borrowed a bag for my Alaska trip, a dryloft bag from a good climbing partner. One of the first nights I was there I was using my piss bottle for the first time. Didnt realize a 16 oz bottle wouldnt be nearly big enough. As the bottle quickly filled, I realized a little too late and got a little piss on the inside of the bag, and on the floor of the tent as it hastily tried to get the full bottle out the door. My tent partner was laughing his head off as I tried to hold off my stream while scrambling to empty bottle out into a -35C night.

okay here is one story and i am sure some of oyu have already heard it, but i do enjoy it....

so my friend who is a camp consular asked to borrow a sleeping bag a couple weeks in advance, so i said sure let me know close to the time and i will hook you up....

so a couple weeks go by and i am doing my usual thing.....i promised wallstein that i would pick him up at the airport when he got back from ak....same weekend this girl i was seeing asked if i wanted to go seakayking at her parents beach cabin and like any male i said yes.... so her and i had quite a bit of fun, thing is at 1am when wallstein needed to be picked up i wasnt there, dont quite remember what i was doing but it had something to do with sea kayaking....!?!?!

either way his mom takes care of him and i he accpeted my excuse, what male couldnt right???

but i get home monday and there is a message from my friend saying he needs the bag today.....i call him back and he gives me the details, so i say i will go drive it out to him...

so i pull my pack apart and the smell from the love bag was quite strong....i planned on cleaning it, but he needed it and needed it bad since he didnt make anyother arrangements...

so we get out there and he is all physced about borrowing it, i made no mention of the recent hostry of the bag and i figured it better that he didnt know this late in the game.....

anyways he borrowed it for a week and then gave it back to me.....making only a slight comment on how it smelt like sea water.....i was like yeah it fell in the sound rolleyes.gif" border="0 ........i washed that bag and washed it again.....

now the real sad thing about this story is that my dear friend jer shared this story with my last girlfriend who borrowed the bag a couple of times too(different girls) lets just say her and i didn't go camping anymore......

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: erik ]

• 5 years later...

When I was in my 20's I spent some time tracking down my real Dad. He was a bit hard to find, due to avoiding creditors, etc, but I eventually tracked him down at this run-down apartment in the U-District.

It had been 16 years since I had seen him, so I wasn't sure what to expect - my Mom said don't expect much - so I knocked on the door with some trepidation.

The place was a sty, he was pale, unhealthy-looking, and was with this obviously alcoholic large woman who kept fawning over him.The place smelled like old sweat and fried foods. I wasn't impressed.

My girlfriend and I exchanged looks after a few minutes indicating we should bail at the first opportunity.

After some exchanges (mostly what I/we were doing in life), we saw our window of opportunity.

Just as we were bolting for the door, I mentioned we were going camping and he asked if we needed an extra sleeping bag. I could just tell he wanted to do SOMETHING to help us, so I said yes, even though we didn't need it.

When we got to the campsite and I pulled the bag out of the stuff-sack, it was in bad shape: dirty, smelled BAD, and just old, so I threw it on the floor for the night, and dumped it in the morning.

A couple of days into the trip, we started getting these odd itchings...

We both got crabs from that bag...

When I was in my 20's I spent some time tracking down my real Dad. He was a bit hard to find, due to avoiding creditors, etc, but I eventually tracked him down at this run-down apartment in the U-District.

It had been 16 years since I had seen him, so I wasn't sure what to expect - my Mom said don't expect much - so I knocked on the door with some trepidation.

The place was a sty, he was pale, unhealthy-looking, and was with this obviously alcoholic large woman who kept fawning over him.The place smelled like old sweat and fried foods. I wasn't impressed.

My girlfriend and I exchanged looks after a few minutes indicating we should bail at the first opportunity.

After some exchanges (mostly what I/we were doing in life), we saw our window of opportunity.

Just as we were bolting for the door, I mentioned we were going camping and he asked if we needed an extra sleeping bag. I could just tell he wanted to do SOMETHING to help us, so I said yes, even though we didn't need it.

When we got to the campsite and I pulled the bag out of the stuff-sack, it was in bad shape: dirty, smelled BAD, and just old, so I threw it on the floor for the night, and dumped it in the morning.

E, THAT is fucked.

OMG!!

:pagetop:

Edited by TrogdortheBurninator