Seeking in Seattle

klimerdork

Hi there,

I'm new in Seattle. Moved here for a man. Right now I have 4 friends including that man, 2 of whom ski. I'd love to make some new friends in this big city, and hopefully find a few more partners to ski and climb with before my current ones get really bored of seeing me every single weekend!

About me -- I'm a 35 year old woman and my idea of a good day includes wind, snow, and cold. Second best is sun, rock, and not too hot. I ski Janaks with Diamir Titanal 3 bindings and I love them. I don't love my boots -- an old pair of Denalis that are beginning to give me trouble -- but it's hard to find another boot that light and stiff. I love touring, I'm level I avalanche certified, and I ski every weekend plus sometimes midweek at night. Sadly I am a 9 to 5-er but it's not so bad, I am among the lucky who actually like their job. I ski resorts when the snow is sketchy and I tour when it isn't. I've been skiing for a pretty long time now and I'm pretty confident on most terrain. I guess I try to avoid mandatory air and figure elevens when possible, but a couple of times it happened and it all ended up OK. Most of all, I just like to get out with people who like to have fun, and I like a beer and some bourbon at the end of it all.

Besides skiing I like running, biking, and rock climbing. I love alpine rock! I also do a little ice climbing. I've only led WI3 and my hardest follow was WI4 so I'm what I would describe as "learning." Since I find most snow to be enjoyable, those moments that I can't ski and end up turning to the ice are fairly few and far between. I couldn't claim to be a strong ice partner, but I am a good belayer and I rarely get cold!

I have never tried to find a friend on the Internet, but I really do need partners and I really am cool, normal, and fun to hang out with (in my opinion). So I hope you won't be shy and perhaps you'll invite me to meet you and your friends for a beer some night and maybe we'll get along!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, it's me again. I couldn't remember my username, so I posted using my old username -- which isn't my real name -- but this is my real name and I think it is oh-so-much cooler to use your real name than to hide behind a fake name, so I'm glad I found myself -- thank you to Google search for helping me in my quest!

Now I know I have no underlines, squiggles, dashes, hyphens, or capitals in my name!