• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
beer_factor

This blows goats

PORT ANGELES, Wash. - A 63-year-old hiker was fatally injured in Olympic National Park in an encounter with a mountain goat.

The park service says Robert H. Boardman of Port Angeles was hurt Saturday as he hiked near the park's Klahhane Ridge and died hours later at a Port Angeles hospital.

The Peninsula Daily News reports that Boardman was with friends when a goat appeared and moved toward them. When the goat began to behave aggressively, Boardman tried to shoo it away but it attacked him, goring him in the thigh.

Boardman was airlifted to a Port Angeles hospital but could not be revived.

Rangers tracked down and killed the animal, which will be analyzed by a veterinary pathologist.

"I am deeply saddened by this tragedy," said Karen Gustin, Olympic National Park Superintendent. "My thoughts are with (Boardman's) family and friends."

Park spokeswoman Barb Maynes said although there are about eight goats in the area, there has not been an incident like this before.

how many advanced cro-magnon hikers sat around w/ their iphones puzzling over how to deal w/ said goat for a fucking hour?

this woulda gone down differently in alaska i feel... :)

We were harassed by a goat on the bailey, she was very aggressive. A hand-full of well-aimed rocks was all it took, although we had to hit her at least a dozen times in the head & face before she left. She was amazingly persistent.

I been charged at by one at the top of Orbit. I never thought I could make descents quickly or efficiently.

Now I realize that with the proper motivation, I can set records.