great weekend of climbing

d_sowerby

What a fun weekend that was! As the rain poured from the heavens we cranked away- warm and dry. No not in the gym, this was outdoors and in the gorge. Where were you guys? No crowds, no lining up for climbs, you missed out. Saturday the warmup was dry but your head got a little wet as you clipped the anchor, everything else we got on was dry. A couple of runs up the warmup climbs then onto the projects. Cathy worked out the moves on Enchilada 12a and looked good for a send next day. Tymun is getting so close to finally sending Super Burrito 12d, that he must be able to taste it! I did one run up my proj and came off at the same place as before - getting close. Sunday and the rain is coming down even harder, last couple of holds on the warmup are wet though not to much of a problem. Cathy sends on her first go, a fight but pulls throught to the anchor. Tymun gives SB a couple of good goes and comes of high. I give mine 2 tries and come off at the usual place, but feel good with that. Soon. If not then hey it's only climbing isn't it? Fun with friends and trying hard - doesn't get better than that. Oh yeah - where? Rat Cave :-) Choss-pile to some - playground to others.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's no pictures it didn't happen Dave:-) LOL! Should be good weather bout everywhere this weekend! Enjoy the last of it - Woot! I was going to do some laps on beacon maybe YW and got invited to Smith.....(insert old and out of shape whine here:-) Dude invited me is great company, fun, smart, ..the whole package, but uber sick strong....I'm sure I can belay that level, but don't know what I'm going to be climbing.... should be interesting. Haven't been to Smith for a long while.

• 1 month later...

yeah, rainy season in Oregon has arrived with a (wet) bang. Luckily I just finished my last project at the cave before it started seeping and my new one "stifler" doesn't seep :-). Though if the temps go much lower my fingers will be numb before I get through the crux. ho hum............gotta love it ------------dave