• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
powderhound

Thanksgiving Ice & Desert Road Trip

Looking for at least one person to split gas with and be a co-pilot/partner.

Leave PDX: November 19th and drive to ice, most likely bozeman, spend a couple days there swinging tools. Leave Bozeman around November 22nd/23rd. Drive to Indian Creek stay down there for crack and turkey!

Additional Details: I have places to stay in Bozeman, a reliable car, and all the gear. In the creek I plan on climbing with my buddies but it is total group dirtbag style. In Bozeman, I get to call the shots( pick the routes) as I consider myself more knowledgable than you.

Me: going anyways but figure the drive is better with a second and cheaper

You: must be able to follow WI5 (if you have never tried I think that anyone that can lead 5.10 trad has the stamina to follow WI5) and at least lead one WI4 pitch, leading 5.10 trad would be a plus, I am not looking for a belay, more a partner but, if your new, and strong, then send me a PM and maybe this would be a killer trip for you.

Going to be a killer trip: applications and resumes now being accepted

This could well be the trip of a life time. Good luck following an amped Powderhound for the week :)

Over Thanksgiving??...you bastard!

yeah you can go as long as it is as sharp as my ice screws and can also be placed as an ice piton!

but Mr. TomTom brings up a good point, I would be more excited to have a partner that could swap leads and hell if you are a better climber than me I will even carry your beer and let you pick the routes:)

Edited by powderhound

bump: you are all sitting inside.....move some family plans around,see them this weekend when its raining and lets go climbing during thanksgiving!

Going to be a killer trip: applications and resumes now being accepted

How will we know if our resumes that we'd put on our applications are good enough?