Skin removal/application without removing skis..

Bronco

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup :tup:

It does seem like the dude in the video has uncommonly good dexterity and balance.

I thought the dude was gonna fall over, seriously. :grin:

I cut my skins wide so they fit wall-to-wall, with not much more than the metal edge showing. Means I have to be precise when I put them on, and that requires taking my skis off to do it right. All my ski buds do the same.

Skin removal while standing is the norm for most folks. Opposite from the guy in the vid, and with my tip- and tail-fix, I have to pull from tip to tail. This is the way I see most doing it.

I pull them off standing most times. Not quite the way the guy in the video does but it is fairly simple.

I've put them on without removing skis a couple times, but it doesn't seem worth the bother. I'd agree if your skins are almost wall to wall you want to take skis off anyway so you can look at what you're doing and avoid overlapping the ski edge. Keeping edges clear helps when you traverse sidehills/ascending cuts.

• 3 weeks later...