FS Sportiva Baruntse dbl boot...$350

Dane

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking around for a pair of mountaineering boots, and found that a pair of size 45 LS Nepal Evos fit me nicely. What difference does the double boot system make? Are these cut the same way? When you list the size, is it the size of the inner or outer boot?

Thanks,

-Steve

If you wear a 45 in the Nepal Evo you'll generally wear a 45 in the Spantik and the Baruntse and all the other La Sportiva boots. . The lasts are some what different on every boot. The Baruntse is closer to the Nepal Evo last in my opinion that the Spantik last for example. No matter what La Sportiva says.

The size is listed as the interal foot volume. So 45 to 45 comparison is just as we would list a 11.5 street shoe or a 11.5 logging boot if that makes sense?

The real difference in a dbl boot is the added insulation, so you get a bigger, but much warmer boot. Generally the dbl boots will be more comforable climbing, less comfortable to walk in. But the big plus on a dbl boot is that you can actually dry out a dbl boot in the field, when you generally can't dry out a wet single boot with out a hair drier :).