Infinite Bliss Conditions

jtmorehead

Is it too late to climb Infinite Bliss this year? My partner and I started salivating over it and it looks like there will be a couple clear days in North Bend at the beginning of next week. Will it dry out fast enough? Is there anything else that would keep us from climbing it?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The days are getting shorter, you need to be fast to climb it this time of year. Lots of simul, and simul raps to get off. It's about a mile of road from the gate, then 1,000' uphill to the start, it helps to know the approach, otherwise you eat up daylight just getting to the base.

It's a wet high rain area too and it doesn't dry out very quickly.

You're not going to climb it with this forecast, you need a dry day the day before. Unless you can handle some wet slab, it gets dryer the higher you go.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=north%20bend,%20wa&wuSelect=WEATHER

the lower section gets wet just from the dew point, check this page for rain history the day before, and the dew point.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KWANORTH4

Is it too late to climb Infinite Bliss this year? My partner and I started salivating over it and it looks like there will be a couple clear days in North Bend at the beginning of next week. Will it dry out fast enough? Is there anything else that would keep us from climbing it?

Anything else that would keep you from climbing it????

How about your ethical conscience???: it's an illegitimate, rap-bolted sport-climb on a mountain in a wilderness area!!!

Consider that before you choose to endorse such behavior by climbing it.

How about your ethical conscience???: it's an illegitimate, rap-bolted sport-climb on a mountain in a wilderness area!!!

WTF no clowns to back up your Crotchety old has been ethics

The days are getting shorter, you need to be fast to climb it this time of year. Lots of simul, and simul raps to get off. It's about a mile of road from the gate, then 1,000' uphill to the start, it helps to know the approach, otherwise you eat up daylight just getting to the base.

It's a wet high rain area too and it doesn't dry out very quickly.

You're not going to climb it with this forecast, you need a dry day the day before. Unless you can handle some wet slab, it gets dryer the higher you go.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=north%20bend,%20wa&wuSelect=WEATHER

the lower section gets wet just from the dew point, check this page for rain history the day before, and the dew point.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KWANORTH4

Buckaroo nails it on the head with this post.

Dawg....I thought we agreed you were not going to comment on this topic again until you actually climbed the route???? And since we both know you are never going to climb this route, you dont get to comment. :tired:

Dawg....I thought we agreed you were not going to comment on this topic again until you actually climbed the route????

No,dude....you just made that up. That's right, YOU JUST MADE THAT UP! Curb your fantasies.

And since we both know you are never going to climb this route, you dont get to comment. :tired:

By your own "standards", you don't get to comment about Lundin Peak and a whole load of other topics you know nothing about.