Beacon: Obnoxious Cubbyhole GFA 1977

JosephH

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its line comes up from the right of the shield wall, SR goes up the middle of it and joins it under the roof. You are correct in that it was the first route up through the SR roof, but it's got it's own set of pins and bolts up to it.

No point at all other than to say another couple of old Beacon guys are still going strong.

• 2 weeks later...
People trying to piss other people off is what's wrong with the Columbia River Gorge forum. That and people's willingness to be easily pissed off I reckon.

ever notice in the CRGF that if joseph doesn't post there really isn't any drama to be had, beacon rock has a great bunch of dudes climbing out there. seems like ever since the ledge party and the stone rodeo thread it really has kinda gone back to the way it used to be. PEACEFUL :) sickie

If I'm not mistaken looking at the second post in this thread you're the one who started doing the pissing.

And of course, yeah, it's always so productive to go around on-line about protection on a climb with folks who are never going to try and free it. Good thing the guys who want to have been appreciative about the several days of work that went in to restoring the climb. But it's done now so we should really move on to arguing about restoring Pacific Rim, which I'm sure they'll also have strong opinions about even though they've never been on it either.

If I'm not mistaken looking at the second post in this thread you're the one who started doing the pissing.

And of course, yeah, it's always so productive to go around on-line about protection on a climb with folks who are never going to try and free it. Good thing the guys who want to have been appreciative about the several days of work that went in to restoring the climb. But it's done now so we should really move on to arguing about restoring Pacific Rim, which I'm sure they'll also have strong opinions about even though they've never been on it either.

see the little smiley guy at the end, notice that h/she is winking ;) i was being sarcastic my friend. good job restoring the climb joseph and have fun with pacific rim, i hope you get to make peace with stone rodeo after all these years. have a nice day and end joy the last good days of beacon, it really sucks the season is so short out there.

it would do my heart good if you went and lead this and gave me some feedback on weather i should have thrown a bolt in or not.

DSCN0524.JPG

have a kickass day :)

Edited by pink

did your arms and legs come detached or something ;)

Almost. Think cat in a dryer.

I heard it. It was a cacophony of falling rocks tumblin down the hill. I figured Joe was trundling the choss, but I guess he done got trundled on this one. Bummer.

Heal up soon Joe!

Be careful out there!