More spray!

mikeadam

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, the lightning just forces you to make a more "alpine" start...like 2am!

Things I miss about Colorado: Spring skiing at Independence Pass, looking at the Diamond and thinking "yeah, one day...", and long days of rambling in the Sangre de Cristos.

Things I dont miss: bible-thumping, cowboy-hat wearing pseudoyuppies, the smell of Greeley, Neptune Mountaineering, the lack of any big water in the state.

• 2 weeks later...

trask,

actuellement, j'habite au colorado, et j'habitais au pnw aussi. et la situation restera toujours la meme: les gens avec l'anomisite la plus forte seront toujours les gens qui ne grimpent pas tres bien/souvent, et qui passe leurs temps libre devant l'ordinateur. combien de vrais grimpeurs connaissez-vous qui n'ont pas passé beacoup de temps aux deux endroits? tous les deux sont super. quand j'habitais au pnw, j'ai revé de démenager au colorado. maintenant que j'habite ici, je reve quelquefois de retourner au pnw...

todd, talvez você deve reconsider essa situação, vendo como como você você mesmo parece se sentar na frente de um computador. no fato, os idiots são encontrados em todos os níveis da abilidade escalando, e o fortes são justos como pequeno-ocupado como o meek - em alguns casos mais assim.

perhaps Todd, you must reconsider this situation, you sell like while you same you seemed to sedersi down in the front part of a calculating in the fact, the idiots is found in all the levels of the scaling of ability and the forts small-they are occupied of right how much meek - in some cases more therefore.

ok dru, for that burroughs excerpt, youve redeemed yourself in my eyes, if you really ever gave a shit anyway. i currently live in co, and have lived in the pnw. when i was living in the pnw, i was always thinking. "shit this weather sucks. my friends in colorado spent their march weekend on the diamond, and im drinking obsidian stout. its going to be 70 degrees tomorrow in boulder, would be nice to sneak off to eldo after work. why do i have to drive to canada to climb good ice? im moving to colorado...." now that i live in colorado, i sometimes think to myself, "fuck im tired of the park. why do i have to leave my house at 1am to climb a route that isnt that far away (lightning). how the hell calls that snowfield a glacier. yesterday i was on hallet peak, and my friends in the pnw went and climbed the ne arete of wedge mtn and then made it back to squamish for beers. damn eldo is crowded. sure there is a ton of ice to climb, but also a ton of people climbing it. maybe ill move back to the pnw..."

quote:

Originally posted by todd:

and usually its "au canada", not dans la canada. i know its easy to confuse, as most canadians are feminine little poofs, but believe it or not, canada is masculine in french. eat more cereal.

Ah, zut alors, quel dommage, hein, I was referring to "La Canada" which is the exclusively French part of Canada and home to les Canadiens. Quebec + Acadian NB + a tiny bit of northeastern Ontario. you can look it up.

i dont live in boulder, fat boy. have you climbed anything worth mentioning in colorado? if so, you probably know that some routes actually do require hard work. thats probably why twight and donini left the pnw to come here - they probably couldnt handle the hard work that captain fatman can.

yeah, i did mean allusion. so is "acadian" a place in new brunswick? you seem to be an educated man, so i wont bother telling you the story of how the word "cajun" came to be, you probably already know. but there is a river in southern colorado that currently is named the picketwire. the first documented name that we know of was "rio de las almas perdidas en purgatorio", which given your language background, doesnt need a translation. then the area was settled by french trappers, and they shortened the over-done spanish name to "purgatoire". now the river is called picketwire.

well, im out. dru/caveman - cheers for the abuse! if you want to tell me im a puss or that colorado sucks, save youll have to wait till monday for a reply. ill be climbing in my shitty mountains with all of the other posers who live in this god-awful state. hope you guys have a good weekend.

Big Alpine Routes are hard for this guy (me) wherever he finds them.

Most routes in Washington involve a greater vertical gain and require approaches in ranges with more rugged topography/bushwacking than most alpine routes in Colorado.

The real ass kicker on most alpine routes in CO is the altitude which, on the high peaks, is tough to deal with no matter how long you've lived here. I also think that the temps that you run into in Alpine terrain out here tend to run a few degrees colder than in the PNW.

That's one thing that I'm looking forward to leaving behind once I return to the PNW (except on volcano climbs). It'll be nice to be up in alpine terrain at an elevation that's just a few hundred feet above the computer I'm sitting in front of now....

Todd, when you check this thread on Monday1) you are a puss nibble6.gif2) Colorado sucks. That's OK, I dont mind. you can live there all you want. Twight and Donini moved there 'cause they were pusses like you who couldnt hack the bushwacking. tongue.gif" border="0 3) The Acadian is someone who lives en Acadie. You figure it out.

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: Dru ]

quote:

well, im out. dru/caveman - cheers for the abuse! if you want to tell me im a puss or that colorado sucks, save youll have to wait till monday for a reply. ill be climbing in my shitty mountains with all of the other posers who live in this god-awful state. hope you guys have a good weekend.

Todd I pee on you from a great height. I have climbed the tooth. So what? You climb your shitty mountains I guess if you say they are. I guess you guys are all posers if you say so. I will have a good weekend eating Krispy Kreams.

quote:

trask,actuellement, j'habite au colorado, et j'habitais au pnw aussi. et la situation restera toujours la meme: les gens avec l'anomisite la plus forte seront toujours les gens qui ne grimpent pas tres bien/souvent, et qui passe leurs temps libre devant l'ordinateur. combien de vrais grimpeurs connaissez-vous qui n'ont pas passé beacoup de temps aux deux endroits? tous les deux sont super. quand j'habitais au pnw, j'ai revé de démenager au colorado. maintenant que j'habite ici, je reve quelquefois de retourner au pnw...

Todd,Indeed, I spend far too much time at the computer. I read the nasty, hatefull things you wrote about Caveman and Dru. This simply reinforces my belief that you are a shitstain. How does it feel to be scorned and pissed on from great heights? Open wide...here comes a brown coil. Trask

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: trask ]

Random Anecdote Tangentially Related to Kitty Theme:

While riding the lift at Winter Park a couple of weeks ago. I met an exchange student who's father runs a hotel near the Torres Del Paine in Patagonia. Apparently he climbs a lot back home and was looking forward to getting out and climbing with Jay Smith, who apparently became good friends with his Dad after spending a few seasons down there, but hasn't been able to find him since arriving. Maybe the fact that he's been sentenced to a year-long stint in Omaha has something to do with it.

After learning my first name he went on to ask if I knew Jay Smith and or climbed with him. Must have been quite dissapointed when I informed him that the only thing that we have in common as far as are climbing is concerned is our name. I went on to tell him that the last time I heard Jay Smith's name mentioned it was in an article on Calaveras Dome in Climbing and that maybe the staff could pin down his location. If I had only known the truth, I could have sent him forth with the words "Find thee the Alpine Kitty, my lad, and yee shall find thee Jay Smith."

Lame post but it's Friday and I'm running on fumes at this point...

Todd,There is a large concentration of great rock climbing near Boulder; however thats not all there is to life. I found after I moved there that; most of the people in CO sucked, since it is a desert state there is never a decent base to ski on (even though the pow is nice), avalanche conditions are always higher, and ice can be good, but with so many climbers and so little water it all gets hacked to shit.

You seem to be a major sucker so stay there mad.gif" border="0