Arcteryx ACRUX 65— price reduced

elliottwill

Arc'teryx ACRUX 65. $549 new. With WA sales tax, that's about $585 out the door. I think it's a couple ounces heavier than a CiloGear 65L worksack. Asking $275, which is on par with the CiloGear and you won't have to wait forever (my Cilo pack took months to arrive).

Brand new condition, except for the REI magic 'X' in sharpie. Cool! My girlfriend lost her job, so we're selling stuff.

4270 cubic inches. 4 lb 6 oz. Lifetime warranty.

5 star rating on Backcountry.com. Details:

Arc'teryx made the Acrux 65 Backpack with 4090cu in of waterproof storage and a low 4lb 3oz (regular size) weight for alpine climbers casting off on massive 4-day-or-more routes. Seam-sealed VaporTight fabric and a roll-top closure make the Acrux 65 backpack completely impermeable to any mountain storm. The lid, dual aluminum frame stays, and molded Binary Hippods are removable for your ultralight summit push. Pre-molded shoulder straps add to this Arc'teryx pack's comfort, but it's the ability to keep your sleeping bag and down jacket dry for five days straight that makes the Acrux a favorite.

smallDSC_5368.jpg

hi-res photos here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/elliott.will/GarageSale?feat=directlink

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, the magic X! I've got it just about on all my gear :) No defect stated on the tag, which means there's nothing wrong with it. I'd say that's the case with about 40% of garage sale items (not counting footwear) here in Northern California. I suppose it could mean that the REI employee just didn't bother to write anything down, but I went over the whole pack before I bought it, and didn't see anything. I would bet it was out for a weekend, and the original purchaser just didn't like it. I bought it at the Sacramento garage sale this past weekend, wore it around the house since then, and decided that if my girlfriend doesn't find a new job soon, I'm going to need my money back more than a new backpack.

Large. Fits like a tall Granite Gear Virga or tall Wild Things Ice Sac, or large Gregory Makalu Pro. I'm 6'1", 195 lbs., and was pleased with the fit. The load lifters would accommodate someone an inch taller, and maybe 2" shorter. I looked all over before I bought it, but didn't see a size tag.

Large. ... The load lifters would accommodate someone an inch taller, and maybe 2" shorter...

Hmm, I'm more toward 5'8" and about 185. If I were "in town" I'd give it a fit test anyway just in case it did happen to fit well, but that's not possible, I see.

..thank you for the reply though..