a libertarian wet dream

j_b

What pressure? either you play by the rule of modern society or go live in a cave or in Somalia where I hear government is to your liking, really small. I certainly can't be blamed because your ancestors gave up the opportunity to play with their genitals in public for the amenities of living in society several thousand years ago. I'd suggest you wake up to that reality on your own.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's much better that we go with your ideology of big government no freedom wherein the government removes the right to choose if you want or need fire protection and makes it mandatory for everyone, NO EXCEPTIONS. Anyone who doesn't get it will go to jail. That will help this gentleman next time, as you seem so unprepared and reluctant to help him yourself this time.

Pfft, lame is right.

Are you retarded, Bill? because you certainly sound like it when you spew your libertarian nonsense. I am not for big or small government, I am for the government necessary to do the job properly. Sometimes, in some sectors, significant government intervention is absolutely necessary. Somewhere, at some other time, no so much. If you don't like the social contract as interpreted in your region, you can move to an unincorporated area far away from infrastructure and communities that expect basic services like fire protection. There are still plenty of isolated places in North America and you won't be mooching off services provided by our tax dollars.

Cry_Baby_xlarge.gif

What pressure? either you play by the rule of modern society or go live in a cave or in Somalia where I hear government is to your liking, really small. I certainly can't be blamed because your ancestors gave up the opportunity to play with their genitals in public for the amenities of living in society several thousand years ago. I'd suggest you wake up to that reality on your own.

so someone on this board doesn't want to pay their taxes????

Regressive Alert! Regressive Alert! This time they've infiltrated the union ranks!!!!!!!!

"Bachtel IS a liar. That is hardly a matter of interpretation. He lies in this article, and he's lied elsewhere about other things. The man is flat-out dishonest.

In this particular instance - the one I cited - he claims that he in contract negotiations is looking for "every conceivable efficiency". This is flat out false. A lie. Union leadership specifically is fighting against allowing part-time Operators to work beyond certain limitations that create an artificial demand for overtime. The audit has called for such efficiencies, and the union (past and present) continues to fight for artificial demand for overtime, primarly for more senior full-time bus drivers. To claim that he has assigned people to find "every conceivable inefficiency" is a bald-faced lie. He is interested in keeping at least some aspects of work assignments INEFFICIENT, in order to pad the wages of senior full-time operators even when part-time Operators are willing, available, and capable of filling hours at straight time.

This isn't something that's a matter of opinion or open to interpretation - it's established fact. I'd be happy to cite the specific contract language and audit recommendations (and in fact have done so on my own blog) to back that up if you like.

Regrettably, Bachtel's ineptitude - and dishonesty - cloud the legitimate points that he makes, and harm the entire membership while aiding our opponents in helping turn public opinion against Operators during this vital contract negotiation period.

— jeffw66seattle"

http://crosscut.com/2010/10/05/metro-transit/20229/Metro-drivers--wages-have-barely-kept-up-with-inflation/

Right and taxes for basic services too. Libertardians have really gone off the deep end.

Right and taxes for basic services too. Libertardians have really gone off the deep end.

i think you should try your hand at politics, obviously you are way to clever for this board. what would you like to see your tax dollars go to mister ???

Wildfires and the consequences of anti-tax demagoguery in San Diego county, the scene of incredibly devastating fires in 2003 and 2007:

"San Diego County remains the only large urban county in California without its own fire department. Many areas such as Ramona, Cuyamaca and Dulzura are woefully underserved for day-to-day incidents, let alone major wildfires.

The best way to prevent fires from becoming monsters is by jumping on them when they are still small. This cannot be done with inadequate firefighting resources. The San Diego County budget is more than $4 billion. However, the county has only allocated $8.5 million to $15 million per year to support fire protection services. For comparison, Orange County, which is one-fifth the size of San Diego County, spends more than $275 million on its fire department. San Diego County also receives about $250 million from the half-cent sales tax levied by Proposition 172 approved in 1993. This money is required to be spent on public safety services, but the county continually has refused to allocate any of this tax revenue for fire protection.

It is common knowledge throughout the fire service in California that San Diego is considered a “welfare county” when it comes to fire protection. This is because it depends heavily on out-of-region fire agencies to fight its own wildfires and cannot adequately reciprocate when other regions need help. Under mutual aid agreements, cities and independent fire districts are continually responding to county emergencies, especially during major events. But mutual aid is not meant to be depended upon for first response.

Although no official will say so publicly, there may come a time when fire agencies will refuse to send firefighting resources to the county during major firestorm events because their first obligation is to their own citizens – the people who paid for the services in the first place."

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20081114/news_lz1e14halsey.html