Looking to Learn More...Wenatchee, WA

shinsain

I know that's not specifically descriptive; however, the subject line doesn't permit very wordy titles. I am a moderately experienced rock/alpine climber who would simply like a partner with more experience (and time) than my best friend who is much (much) more experienced to go out with and add to my skill set.

Here's a little bit of what I have done and know: I've summitted St. Helens, Rainer, (almost) Hood last year (long story), been to the Himalayas (altitude experience, not climbing), Antarctica, sport climbing including belay, rappelling, leading (a bit), and my first alpine trad climb was last weekend which I obviously did not lead but got some education on protection placement. And of course large helpings of top roping at the gym (I know, but I take what I can get).

So I'm no pro by any means, but I'm hungry. The outdoors have been my life for many years and I've backpacked, skied, and various other outdoor sports for years. If you're willing to teach I'm willing to learn.

If you need a partner and you're willing to take on someone like me I really need more folks to get out with. My best friend has been my partner through all of this but he's very tied up with school at this point and I just can't sit at home any longer or go backpacking alone...it's simply not climbing...and dayhiking is driving me insane.

My name's Aaron, shoot me a PM and we can talk, meet each other, see how we work together and go from there if we decide we'd be a good, safe team.

Aaron

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw your post on that and gave a thought about PMing you to see if you'd take me on; however, I work for the Forest Service up here in Wenatchee and have something scheduled in Tonasket tomorrow :(

I'm mostly free on weekends though. My job is fairly unpredictable throughout the week.

Thank you for asking, it makes me feel good!!