Photos from a summer in AK

Maine-iac

I spent the summer working in Lake Clark National Park- a seldom visited but probably one of the most beautiful parks in North America.

I tried to upload some photos but it was not working so I only got one up.

DSC017791.JPG

The rock and the size of the mountains was amazing. There were many times where there were 2000 ft valley walls with clean granite, and even a few times of 3,000, 4,000 and 5,000 ft walls!

If you are interested more pics are on my Picasa

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wonderful you got to see some of that area. it is indeed incredible. I spent a week when I was 12 at the cabin across the lake from Dick Prennoke's spot.. and went back for another week when I was 18. just amazing place, left an indelible set of memories.. any fishing? we caught an 8lb dolly varden in hope creek, and I found the skull+jawbone of a withered salmon up there.. a long way from the ocean

I worked in Port Alsworth a few years ago, but I didn't have much time to get out and explore. I saw your photos of Holey Mountain and Tanalian Mountain. Did you climb any other peaks? I hadn't heard of Holey Mountain before. Was there any evidence of a previous ascent or was yours a first?