• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
climberx

Kids Skis?

Anybody have kid skis and boots that they want to get rid of? My son is 7 about 4'4" and has a size 2.5 shoe.

Thanks!!!

i have something that KaskadskyjKozak was nice enough to give me for Ulee (who is now 9). I think he has out grown both the boots and skiis, and if he has you can have them. they should fit a seven year old, unless you kid is smaller.

If any of you have anything for a 9 year old in the way of boots and skiis I'm looking for that. He now wears 6 in kids size or 8 in adult womans.

any type would do...downhill, cross country, or heck even a snow board.

besides craigs list and second ascent, where are good places to buy kid skiis? what size would you get for a 4yo to learn on? (130cm?)

Ski swaps!

Not sure where you're at, but the last two years, I went to one at the Newport Highschool in Bellevue (http://skiswap.info) that was more than decent. I'm going again this year. Show up right at the start and you'll get the best pick. It's a little bit of a zoo, but worth it.

For a 4 yo, you don't need to worry too much about getting the best skis. Almost any decent skis'll be more than enough. I'd pick a shaped pair about the height of his chin or nose. Put efforts in the boots rather than the skis. My kids (6 and 9 now) never really complained about the skis (apart from the "they're slippery..." Answer: "Honey, it's the point!"), but if the boots hurt, you're doomed! The only thing you'll get are cries.

besides craigs list and second ascent, where are good places to buy kid skiis? what size would you get for a 4yo to learn on? (130cm?)

130cm seems a bit long for a 4 year old, unless he/she is really tall. My kids who are both about 148cm tall are skiing 120cm skis that reach to just below their chins.

Anyway, I have two pairs of 110cm skis my kids recently outgrew. I also have two pairs of boots that they outgrew. They now wear about a size 3 shoe. Let me know if any of you are interested in them.