The Thrill is Gone

billcoe

Decided to just blow it off today. I can't say if it's the little aches and pains, or the drain and let down of not going out and doing new routes at a new area, but I can't get motivated to head out on what will be one of the best weather days today. My passion has left the building.

[video:youtube]

The thrill is gone. This ever happen to you or someone you know, and what did you or they do about it?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why we have seasons. Time to take some time off before the next season which brings new activities. We all need down time now and then and we all need variety. I embrace the lack of passion and relax for awhile, but I force myself to do some sort of low-key exercise daily, like long walks with the dog.

Edited by pcg

Bill, since you are now an official washed-up has been, you may as well make room in your basement for all the bowling equipment you will soon be hoarding. I'd be happy to assist you (for a small fee/barter) by cleaning out the basement and getting rid of all that useless climbing junk, especially those new totem cams that are now worthless paperweights...

Thanks, Bill.

That brought back memories or the first time I saw BB King at the Mira Mar in Montecito, just after I got out of the hosptital from my first sking accident in early '70s. Back in the days when short skis on the hill, leashes on surf boards, and cams in cracks (early '80s) were considered cheating.

The room he played in only had about 10 small cocktail tables. He played to each table, it was an incredible show.

If you ever get down this way that offer for the Ripple still stands.

I've been out of the game lately too. Been trying to get back in. Was suppose to go out and do some backpacking this weekend, but after having my catalytic converter stolen off my vehicle, just didn't feel like.

Hey gene, video games aren't all bad. Just don't start playing shit like World of Warcraft were you end up getting involved in a whole community and crap.

Could have been worse, you could have been motivated to get out for a bunch of pitches on friday and then come back out Saturday for another round starting with belaying someone up RR. Then you proceed to keel over and pass out on top of your belay device once they get to the anchor effectively stranding them up there until some kind Ledge partyers come to their aid and free them from your belay device.